balle balle ...

kick marlaingian eh?

here is the proof , The tribune July 4,2010

The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Ludhiana Stories

18-year-old village girl rides her passion
Mohit Khanna
Tribune News Service
Ludhiana, July 4
Barging into the male bastion, this 18-year-old medical student from Dakha village, near Mullapur, is catching the attention of commuters on the Ferozepur road these days. For, she weaves through the traffic on her 350 cc Bullet Standard motorcycle — the symbol of macho pride.

Kirandeep Kaur Sekhon commutes from Mullapur to the city every day but what stands her apart from other women motorcycle riders is her daredevilry on the mean machine.
This woman biker is set to exhibit her prowess in the forthcoming rural sports festivals. She is even preparing for auditions of television programmes based on motorcycle stunts.
Kirandeep is the male in the family, says her father Teja Singh Sekhon, a farmer.
“She is the youngest amongst the four daughters and has been nurtured like a male child. She even dresses up like men and is passionate about her ‘kali ghori’ (black motorbike),” says Teja Singh.
The aspiring doctor says: “Why should boys have all the fun? When I was a child, I used to see my cousins and father ride motorcycles. I made up my mind that I would ride motorcycles and not scooters.” Commuters on the Ferozepur road say Kiran is often seen standing atop her motorcycle while riding. Most of the time she rides without keeping her hands on the handle.
Kirandeep started riding motorcycles when she was 14 years old.
“Now she is an expert rider. She commutes from Ferozepur to Ludhiana regularly,” says her mother Amarjeet, who is not aware of her daughter’s intrepid acts.
Kirandeep says her father has always been supportive of her passion for motorbike.
Teja Singh echoes the same sentiments. “Girls are no less than boys. They are in fact better than them. They are caring and affectionate. I am proud of my daughters. Why should I stop them if they are passionate about something.”
Kirandeep is popular amongst her peers because of her passion. Girls often request her to take them for a spin. “She is an expert mechanic too and has fixed our scooters a number of times,” says her friend riding pillion.
Kirandeep says though boys sometimes try to tease her, she takes it in her stride. However, she has not refrained from teaching those who try to cross the line a lesson.
Kirandeep says she loves her motorcycle as it was gifted to her by her brother-in-law.
Word of advice Kirandeep says she practises her stunts at a playground of her village and wears protective gear to avoid injury. She once met with an accident while practising a stunt and could not ride the bike for nearly a year