Comedian Raju Srivastav cancels show in Pakistan in wake of Uri attacks

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_07653f84824c11e6aff824833d3d422c-1.jpg

In the wake of the recent Uri attacks, popular comedian Raju Srivastav has cancelled his show in Pakistan. He says after looking at the pain of families of the soldiers who died in the attack, he wont be able to perform there.

In a video, which went viral on Twitter on Saturday, Raju can be seen refusing to travel to Pakistan to “entertain those who murder our soldiers”.

Raju Srivastava @irajuSrivastava
I don't want go to #Pakistan.. Hamara #India achha hai.. Mein Pakistan show karne nahi jauga.. #JaiHind #JaiBharat
7:58 PM - 21 Sep 2016

“I have been invited for a comedy show in Pakistan. But everyday, we can see at border how war is happening and our soldiers are being killed,” Raju said in the video.

“The soldiers who have died -- I have seen their families suffering. Pakistan always betrays us while we always send message of friendship, but they are not getting anything from our friendship,” he added.

Raju Srivastava @irajuSrivastava
Rest in peace the brave martyrs. We will not forget your sacrifice. I salute the brave hearts of #UriAttacks.
7:31 PM - 19 Sep 2016

The terror attack, which took place on September 18, left 18 Indian soldiers dead at Uri in Jammu and Kashmir.

Raju further said: “The situation that we are facing right now... I don’t think I can go to Pakistan to entertain those who murdered our soldiers. I can’t do comedy from inside. I don’t want to go to Pakistan. Our India is very good.

“Here, we have respect, love and humanity for each and everyone. We are happy here. I will not go to Pakistan to do the show.”

Meanwhile, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) on Friday also gave a 48-hour ultimatum to all Pakistani film and TV artistes to quit India or face consequences.