- 4 large chicken breasts
- 75g fresh ginger, grated (no need to peel)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Mix all the ingredients of the marinade in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1cm thick.
- Pour half the marinade in a shallow non metal baking dish. Add chicken breast and pour the rest of the marinade over the chicken.
- Cover with a plastic film and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat
- Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade place them on the grill. Close the lid and let the breasts cook for about 5-6 minutes then flip them over.
- Continue cooking for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken breasts to cool completely in the fridge before cutting them into strips.