Embroidery & Crochet Coffee Mug Cozy

Mandeep Kaur Guraya

MAIN JATTI PUNJAB DI ..
Its not my craft project....I'm just sharing it :y

######​
What a perfect crochet project! I made mine to look like a cup of tea, with an applique-and-embroidery tag and string on the side. I also gave it a non-slip backing, so it won’t slide around precariously on my mug while keeping it warm.

For this project I used worsted weight acrylic yarn from the bowels of my stash. Normally I would have used a size H or I hook with this yarn, but I used a G hook instead to make the stitches tighter and more insulating. For the backing, you will need a small piece of rubberized shelf liner.

######​

To make the body of the cozy, make a chain that is about 9 1/2 inches long. Turn and work in even rows of sc until your piece is about 3 inches tall. Fasten off and weave in ends.

######​

To make the button flap:

R1: Ch 6; turn and sc in each st across starting with 2nd ch from hook, turn, ch1. (5 st)

R2-9: Sc in each st across, turn, ch1.

R10: Sc in first sc; ch 2, sk next 3 st; sc in last sc of previous row, turn, ch 1.

R11: Sc in first sc, sc 2 in ch sp, sc in last sc of previous row, turn. ch 1.

R12: Sc in first sc, sc2tog, sc in last sc. Fasten off and weave in ends.

######​

Sew the button flap and a button to the body of the mug cozy.

######​

Crochet a one-inch square with light brown yarn. Leave a long tail for sewing.

######​

Sew the square to the mug cozy.

######​

Use white yarn to embroider the teabag string.

######​

Cut a piece of shelf liner that is slightly smaller than the dimensions of the body of the mug cozy. Use yarn in the color of the cozy’s body to sew it to the back side of the cozy.

Ta-da! You’re ready for a nice cup of your favorite hot beverage! :chah