Chris Brown tops the pop chart

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2876231419.jpg
Like the adage about bad publicity, R&B singer Chris Brown proves that there's also no such thing as a bad meltdown on national TV as long as they spell your name correctly and plug your new album. That album, F.A.M.E., entered the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart at No 1 with first-week sales of 270,000 copies, the second highest total of the year, despite — or perhaps partly because of — the singer's tirade after ABC-TV's Good Morning America host Robin Roberts asked him about his assault on former girlfriend Rihanna rather than limiting their discussion to the album.

It gives Brown his first No 1 on the national album chart, although its initial-week sales total is slightly down from his 2007 high of 294,000 for Exclusive, which peaked at No 4 in Billboard.

A day after his angry outburst, Brown told the BET Channel's 106 & Park show, "I felt like they told us this just so they could get us on the show to exploit me. That's what I thought. So I kind of took it very, very hard. And I kept my composure throughout the interview, although you could see me upset, you know. I kept my composure and did my performances, and when I got back, I just let off, like, steam in the back ... I just had to release the anger that I had inside me, because I felt like I worked so hard for this music."

[/img][/COLOR]