Ingredients: (serves 2)
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, or drained yogurt
- 3/4 – 1 cup ice cold water, (adjust amount of water depending on how thin or dense you want your soup to be)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons walnuts /pine nuts/almonds or any nuts you want
- 1 small chili pepper, very thinly sliced (Optional)
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped mint + more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup English cucumber or small Persian cucumbers, chopped in small pieces (If you are using regular cucumbers, remove the seeds)
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped dried apricots, or any other dry fruit with a hint of sweet
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- sumac, for garnish (or you could use roasted cumin powder instead for a different flavor)
Lightly toast the nuts (whatever kind you are using) on a skillet or a pre heated oven (to 350 F) for about 8 minutes. Set aside and allow it to cool, then chop them in tiny pieces.
Prepare/chop cucumber, tomato, mint, cilantro, apricot and set aside.
Whisk the yogurt, sugar, salt and pepper, with the ice cold water until smooth and silky. Combine nuts, chili pepper, mint, cucumber and apricots and stir them in the yogurt.
Chill the soup in the refrigerator for a few hours.