Cheryl Cole tells her story

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Cheryl Cole has told how she relied on a cocktail of pills and injections to cope with the news of ex-husband Ashley’s infidelity.

She said finding out that he had been unfaithful made her so miserable that she turned to tranquillisers to keep functioning. She also had vitamin injections in her bottom.

The 29-year-old singer recalls her ordeal in her autobiography, Cheryl: My Story, which lays bare her despair on discovering that the Chelsea and England footballer had cheated on her during their four-year marriage.

In one extract, she tells how she flew at Cole in a fury after hearing the first girl’s claims that she slept with him in Las Vegas.

She admitted “shaking him, kicking him, scratching his face, pushing and shoving him like I was a lunatic” before sobbing uncontrollably.

Cole went to stay with her Girls Aloud bandmate Kimberley Walsh during the break-up but needed medication from her GP to calm her nerves and did not sleep for days.

“Kimberley cried when she saw me,” she recalls in the book. “I was still in shock. I wasn’t in control of myself at all. I needed medical help.

“I got pills off the doctor to calm me down and lay on Kimberley’s sofa. But I still couldn’t sleep.

“We had a video shoot for our new single coming up and my doctor gave me a vitamin injection in my bum to perk me up, but it didn’t work.”

It is claimed that vitamin injections can give the body a boost when it is run down or exhausted.

After the initial revelations, Miss Cole then heard further allegations from women claiming to have slept with her husband, some dating back from before they were married.

She decided to escape on holiday to Thailand.

“It was now about two weeks after the initial allegations and, looking back, I was out of my head on tranquillisers.

“As soon as we got there I crashed out for two full days.

‘When I finally came out I sat on my own overlooking the beach. I didn’t know who I was any more, I thought. I was a heartbroken girl, but who was I now without Ashley by my side? I knew I loved him and I didn’t want to end my marriage.’

The couple were briefly reunited but separated again as more allegations of his infidelity surfaced.

In 2010, she divorced Cole on the grounds of his “unreasonable behaviour”.

She has been dating her backing dancer Tre Holloway since the summer.

In the autobiography, Miss Cole also recalls her anger at Simon Cowell after they fell out last year.

She confessed to sending expletive-laden texts after Cowell got British show producer Richard Holloway to tell her she was axed from the American version of The X Factor.