Channel threatens action against Dadi and Gutthi

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Sunil Grover admits to receiving a legal notice from Colors preventing him from appearing in a live show in his get-up; his lawyers to respond according to the terms in his contract.
Mirror (February 9) had earlier reported that Sunil Grover and Ali Asgar were returning in their Gutthi-Dadi avatars for a live show with Salman Khan, Da-Bang, in Surat on February 19. Now, Mirror has learnt that the channel, Colors, which aired the show, Comedy Nights with Kapil, that the duo were a part of, has sent the actors a legal notice preventing them from appearing in get-up. It clearly states that if Ali dresses up as the grandma and Sunil crossdresses as Gutthi, the channel will register a case of copyright infringement against them.

Sunil, when contacted, confirmed receiving the notice and said that his lawyers are looking into it. "I respect this platform which gave me such a big break and made the character of Gutthi so popular. But it has been clearly mentioned in my contract since the beginning that I can perform at live shows and nobody can stop me from doing that. They (Colors) are well within their rights to send a notice to any actor and my lawyer will reply to it according to the terms in my contract. I have put in a lot of effort towards developing my character on the show and as an artiste it comes as a shock when these things happen."

So, is he still planning to go ahead with the live performance? "Hopefully we will go ahead as planned. I hope the issue is sorted out soon."

Meanwhile, Mirror (January 5) had reported that Kapil will be moving with his show to Sony. Will Gutthi move with him? "We are in talks but nothing is finalised yet. When we will return cannot be confirmed yet," he said shortly.