Chandigarh Street Art And Street Food Festival 2013

DBF

Mad
Chandigarh Street Art And Street Food Festival 2013

"Love of Beauty is Taste. The Creation Of Beauty is ART".

With this inspirational thought I'm going to share with you, my very own experience of attending a festival for art and craft lovers. Few days back i got a chance to attend an felicific festival which was an "ANNUAL CHANDIGARH STREET ART AND STREET FOOD FESTIVAL 2013". This Year, Chandigarh Industrial and Tourism Corporation (CITCO) organised this festival on 26th & 27th October, 2013 at Sukhna Lake in THE CITY BEAUTIFUL CHANDIGARH.

This festival was actually a blend of cuisine and art forms to provide a unique and fascinating experience to visitors. There was a specially created street on Uttar Marg near Sukhna Lake with Grafitti spread across more than 8000 square feet on both the sides making Graffiti artwork the largest in the country ever to be made for such a unique kind of street art festival encompassing various artforms across the country and international borders.
Special street has been created on the Road from Rock Garden side to Sukhna Lake Showcasing of 40 forms of Art

• live Painting & Sketching
  • Sculpture Art, Sand Art
  • Rangoli
  • Face Painting and Tattoo making
  • Folk Dances and Music
  • Folk Singing
  • Instrumental Music Performance (Saxophone, Accordian, Cello, Flute, Violin etc)
  • Rock Band, Fusion Dance
  • Theatre & Art
  • Nukkad Natak
  • Documentary making by students of the Festival
  • Kite making
  • Clay Modelling
  • Storytelling
  • Hip hop
  • Rap
  • Installation art
  • Graffiti
  • Calligraphy
  • Card making
  • Collage
  • Origami or Paper folding
  • Floral Design
  • Balloon twisting
  • Doll making
  • Decoupage and much more
CHANDIGARH STREET ART AND STREET FOOD FESTIVAL 2013 has been conceptualized on the pattern of such art festivals being held in US & European countries.

People from all walks of life took part in this festival. And Yes, me, my sibling and my cousins also participated in this festival. I participated in Rangoli making and Decoupage, whereas my sibiling and cousins participated in Clay Modelling. It was a real fun performing live at such a place and getting motivational verdicts of the people.

On the other hand, the Street Food festival in the food court of CITCO's Lake Cafeteria had amusement games and boating was another attraction. Food items like Amritsari Kulcha, Chaat, Golgappas, Bhel Puri was also found there. There was a Rajasthani mirchand Pyaaz-Kachori, Lukhnowi Paan stalls and wayside joints which had happened to become the most favourites of the visitors over the last few years.

Here are some "SNAPSHOTS" taken at the CHANDIGARH STREET ART AND STREET FOOD FESTIVAL 2013

DECORATIVE LANTERNS:

GRAFITTI ARTWORK:

RANGOLI ART:

PAINTING:

Continued...

DBF

Mad
CLAY MODELLING:

DECOUPAGE:

SAND ART:

THINGS MADE BY US:

OTHER RANDOM CLICKS:

IMAG3155-1.jpg

Thanks a lot for reading..:)

Keep reading for more interesting and innovative ideas.. :)
src: Craftansy World: Chandigarh Street Art And Street Food Festival 2013

DBF

Mad
@*Sippu0*
On the other hand, the Street Food festival in the food court of CITCO's Lake Cafeteria had amusement games and boating was another attraction. Food items like Amritsari Kulcha, Chaat, Golgappas, Bhel Puri was also found there. There was a Rajasthani mirchand Pyaaz-Kachori, Lukhnowi Paan stalls and wayside joints which had happened to become the most favourites of the visitors over the last few years.
kadde koi cheez puri v pad leya kero.... :angry