Businessman and friend deny raping woman

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Dubai: A Russian businessman has denied the charge of kidnapping a businesswoman and detaining her in his villa, where she claimed he and his friend raped her, heard a court yesterday.

Prosecutors charged the 41-year-old businessman, M.G., with kidnapping the 26-year-old Turkmanistani businesswoman and locking her up in his villa. M.G. and his 26-year-old Tajik friend were also accused of raping the girl.

"That is absolutely not true. I didn't rape her or unlawfully lock her up in the villa. We did have sex but it was consensual," argued M.G. when he defended himself before the Dubai Court of First Instance.

His alleged crime associate, 26-year-old T.Q., contended before Presiding Judge Hamad Abdul Latif Abdul Jawad: "I am not guilty. Her accusations are baseless and malicious. I did not rape her."

Consuming liqour

According to the arraignment sheet, prosecutors said M.G. kidnapped the businesswoman, N.A., and locked her up in his villa against her will. He was also charged with consuming liquor. M.G. and T.Q. were jointly accused of raping N.A.

M.G. admitted that he consumed two beers.

The woman is seeking Dh20,000 in temporary compensation to be paid by the defendants against her alleged emotional and psychological damages.

The court reconvenes on December 9.