Brosnan shaken after Pan Bahar stirred an outrage, claims he was misled

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
panbaharstory_647_102116121047-1.jpg

Netizens woke up on Friday, shocked out of their beds, with Hollywood icon Pierce Brosnan, aka James Bond, endorsing (err...) 'Pan Bahar.'
While Twitterati was still recovering from Brosnan staring out of front pages of national dailies holding a can of the betel nut brand, they were bombed with its TV commercial. While many refused to believe this could be real, others found solace in humour.

Today, in an exclusive statement to PEOPLE , Brosnan explained that he has the "greatest love and affection for India and its people and is deeply shocked and saddened about the events".

" As a man who has spent decades championing women's healthcare and environmental protection, I was distressed to learn of Pan Bahar's unauthorised and deceptive use of my image to endorse their range of pan masala products," the statement read. "I would never have entered into an agreement to promote a product in India that is dangerous to one's health."

"Having endured, in my own personal life, the loss of my first wife and daughter as well as numerous friends to cancer, I am fully committed to supporting women's healthcare and research programs that improve human health and alleviate suffering," the statement continued.

According to the report by PEOPLE, Brosnan has demanded that the company remove his image from all their products.

He also said that he had agreed to advertise a product which was all natural and contained neither tobacco, nor any other harmful ingredient.

Previously Pan Bahar had given this particular statement:

"As we support our country's 'Make in India' campaign, we are proud to have Mr. Brosnan on board and would like to thank him for lending his image for the short film of Pan Bahar and taking the brand to next level while making it classier with his elegance and style. There is rave on social media regarding the new (ad) however we believe there is lack of awareness about the product that Mr. Brosnan has done a short film for - a Pan Masala (Indian mouth freshener) which has Betelnut, Lime, Catechu, Cardamom seeds, Sandal wood oil, and Kewara in it and there is NO Tobacco No Nicotine content in this product. Also confirming there is no tobacco product under this brand name… attached (is) the certificate for the declaration of NO Tobacco, No Nicotine from the brand. We need to convey the same to media so that they are aware of the fact before publishing any negative comments."

Bond of the 90s, Irish actor Brosnan, is considered to be one of the most stylish men to play the iconic role. He once again donned the garb of the 007 agent for this advertisement. In the one minute video, sixty-three year-old Brosnan is seen using the can of pan masala as a weapon to fend off enemies. In the end he says, 'Class never goes out of style.'

Soon after, social media went berserk. Some made fun of the actor for choosing to be part of it while others wondered whether he was even aware of what he was selling. The actor also started trending on the micro-blogging site.