Brangelina sued by former employee

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Brad Pitt, 47, and Angelina Jolie, 35, currently in France for the Cannes Film Festival, are being sued for £75,000 (Dh445,768) by an employee who claims she was sacked for "absenteeism" while on sick leave. The woman was a bilingual secretary at the couple's £25 million (Dh148.6 million) chateau in Provence, France. Her lawyer said she was fired by a manager, adding: "She has nothing against them. But they did not step in to prevent her being dismissed. This amount is a drop in the ocean for these stars…. She's not asking for millions, just a fair amount for unfair dismissal."

Nude-scene horror

Former child star Emily Browning forced herself to meditate during shocking scenes in the adult adaptation of Sleeping Beauty to shut out the horror. The Aussie star plays the dozing princess in a new Indie re-telling of the traditional fairy tale, which is aimed at the adult market. Browning reveals her character is left naked and sedated with older men in some disturbing scenes — and she had to close off her mind to make sure she wasn't left scarred by the experience. Promoting the film at the Cannes Film Festival, the Sucker Punch star says, "I taught myself to meditate through those scenes."

Lohan admits stealingnecklace

Lindsay Lohan has admitted stealing a necklace from a Los Angeles jeweller and is expected to serve two weeks' house arrest in her luxury beach pad. The Mean Girls star, 24, pleaded "no contest" to theft to report to Lynwood women's jail to serve 120 days. But overcrowding means she is likely to be fitted with an electronic tag and sent to serve her time at her four-bed pad in Venice Beach, California. Sources said she will probably be "freed" after 14 days. Lohan was also sentenced to 480 hours community service — 120 of them at LA County Morgue — which she has already started. She looked in good spirits as she reported for duty.

Johnny Depp has royal blood

If reports are to believed, then Hollywood hunk Johnny Depp has royal blood.

British genealogist and family tree expert Nick Barratt has uncovered a centuries-old blood line that could link the Pirates of Caribbean star to Queen Elizabeth II as 20th cousins.

The blood line was not set in stone, though; with genealogists admitting they were relying upon an unreported but widely known marriage in the 1600s between Yorkshireman Richard Denton and Helen Windebank to link the pair.

After delving into the family background of Depp, who was born in Owensboro, Kentucky in 1963, Dr Barratt said he was confident in declaring the actor and the queen relatives.

"You have to go back more than 500 years to reach the point where his ancestors become royal... I believe the balance of probability is that there is indeed a link between Depp and the royals, [although] I doubt we'll ever be able to prove it 100 per cent," said Dr Barratt, a researcher for BBC TV's Who Do You Think You Are? CNS

Paris in Dubai?

Hollywood heiress Paris Hilton tweeted on Monday saying she's planning a trip to Dubai soon. "Planning a trip to Dubai very soon. So excited! Can't wait!" she wrote.