Bollywood's red affair

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1151962668.jpg
In the past, Bollywood couples spent much of their time together splashing colours and dancing energetically during the Indian festival of Holi.

In today's world of Bollywood-gone-global, it's about throwing ripened tomatoes at each other — or so claim new images released from one of this summer's most hotly-awaited films, Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara (ZNMD).

Check out two of Bollywood's hottest stars, Katrina Kaif and Hrithik Roshan, making the most of the annual Spanish Tomatina festival in a shot from the film made public on Monday.

According to reports, the scene was shot in Valencia in Spain with 16 tonnes of ripe tomatoes and 24 tonnes of tomato puree thrown in. Do the maths and judge whether it's a messy or just a mushy affair.

ZNMD, a roadtrip film from the makers of Dil Chahta Hai, featuring an ensemble cast including Farhan Akhtar, Abhay Deol and Kalki Koechlin alongside Kaif and Roshan will release in the UAE on July 14.

Keeping in mind the spirit of ZNMD, its principal actors will embark on a three-day road trip from Mumbai to Delhi beginning Thursday to peddle their latest project. As per the plan, the stars will take turns to get behind the wheel and cover a distance of 1,500km.

Not surprisingly, Bollywood hottie Kaif is gung-ho about her latest adventure. "This is not my first road trip. When I was growing up, we used to drive around Europe while working for my mother's charity. It was very enjoyable. It's going to be fun and I am looking forward to this one with [the] Zindagi Na Milegi team... This is different from the usual style of promoting films" said Kaif in an interview with tabloid!.

The cast will stop in major North Indian states such as Gujarat and Rajasthan before reaching India's capital Delhi to promote their project. The road trip is not going to be as messy as the shooting of the slushy scene at the Tomatina festival, Kaif added.

"We had a great time shooting that particular sequence, but it can get very sticky and messy. We shot for several days for that sequence, it was tiring but it was worth the effort because it looks good. You just need to be professional about it."

Read the full interview with the cast of ZNMD on tabloid! next week.
[/img][/COLOR]