BlackBerry Bold 9900

Lily

B.R
Staff member
3399115727.jpg
What is it?

The device every BlackBerry lover has been waiting for: the new version of one of the most successful (and best) BlackBerry models, the Bold 9900, unveiled last week.

What's special about it?

Much, actually. In fact, this should have been the model Research In Motion (RIM) launched instead of the average Torch. But you know what they say — better late than never.

The Bold 9900, at least on paper, seems to have packed the best things RIM has into one attractive device. So there is the much-touted touch screen with an impressive resolution — yes, you can now swipe, pinch and zoom on your Bold; a slimmer (only 10.5mm) and much classier (stainless steel frame) body and an improved 5-megapixel camera which supports HD video recording.

Some earlier reviewers have claimed the new 1.5GHz processor "sends the new operating system flying at break-neck speed". The OS, BlackBerry 7, is another improvement and RIM has promised with it richer graphics, a desperately needed faster browser and niceties such as voice-activated search.

Should I be worried about the controversy between RIM and UAE telecom authorities?

No. As far as continued services are concerned, that on/off drama has been put to rest, at least for now. It's difficult to confidently say the issue will never arise again, but individual users are unlikely to be affected whichever way.

So when is it out and how much will it cost?

RIM is slotting summer for a global release. While a date has not been specified, my guess is it won't be long before it hits our shores. For price, again, BlackBerry device costs are always difficult to specify since they are offered as packaged deals by our service providers. The unlocked Bold at present sells for approximately Dh2,599 so I'm going to hazard another guess and say it won't be too far away from that, because we've seen that even amazing devices need the price advantage to win.
[/img][/COLOR]