Bigg Boss 6 house will have a homely feel

Lily

B.R
Staff member
From modern facilities to natural feel — the spacious "Bigg Boss" house promises to give a home like experience to the inmates, says National Award winning art director Sabu Cyril, who has designed it for the sixth season going on air on Sunday.

From swimming pool to gym to green passage to hand pump, the house erected in Lonavala will give inmates, who will be locked there for 98 days, sufficient space to vent and cool off. Last season the house was built in Karjat.

"The house has always looked like a set. I wanted it to be more real. There were too many colours in the earlier house. So I didn't want that to happen this time as well," Cyril, who has associated himself with the "Bigg Boss" for the first time, told reporters.

Stretched over an expanse on 15,000 square feet, it has grey overtones with patches of red in places. It has two large unisex bedrooms and one captain's room with an attached bathroom.

Transparent walls, just like in the previous season, separate the rooms.

The garden area is one of the most important places of the house - it has a small pool with four white chairs placed next to. There are more seating arrangements in the garden.

Inmates are known for gossiping, fighting and bithcing extensively inside the house. Interestingly, this time statues of three monkeys — denoting the famous preaching — speak no evil, see no evil, and hear no evil by Mahatma Gandhi - are placed in the garden area.

There is a common washroom in the corner of the garden with four stalls, two toilets and two bathrooms. The washroom is elegant with hardly any colour in it.

The main door to the house opens up to a passage unlike before where it would open up directly into the living area. The living area is huge with an open kitchen and an integrated dining area.

In the living area, a wall has calligraphy on it, which reads: 'Illusion is the first of all pleasure'. This has been done for the first time.

Kitchen space is bright in overtones of red. The washbasin has been placed inside the kitchen this season.

Even the first bedroom is bright with sunflower beds, wherein the petals act as beds for the contestants. There are a total of seven beds. The other bedroom is subtle in shades of grey and red. It has four double beds. Elegant and graceful, it has a dried tree kept in a plastic ball in the centre.

The entrance to the captain's room is through this bedroom.

The living room and bedrooms are connected by garden walkway with natural light. This section will continue to be lit during the night as well. This has been newly added this season.

Packed with silver padding all over the room, and a huge 'Batman seat' right in the centre, the confession room looks class apart.

Cyril said: "The confession room is the holy shrine of Bigg Boss and we have tried to make it very sci-fi. It is very futuristic."

Seventy cameras will capture contestants' activities, an increase from 55 last seasons.

Making this was an arduous task.

"It took me around 35-40 days to make this place. It was a challenge for me, as I have not worked on such a project before. I have tried to make the place look more modern than futuristic. It has an international look now," said Cyril who won National Award for He has won national awards for the best art director for "Om Shanti Om", "Kaala Pani" and "Thenmavin Kombathu".

This time panic room has replaced Jail.