Bharti Airtel doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Launches 4Mbps connection @ Rs 899. :rolleyes:

######
In a move that could raise the bar for broadband services in the country, Bharti Airtel is launching a 4 Mbps wire line connection for just Rs 899 a month starting Friday.

The company has also decided to make its existing broadband connections 50 per cent cheaper by doubling the speeds being offered to subscribers, without any additional cost.

Upgradation

Therefore, all of Bharti's existing subscribers on 256 Kbps connection will automatically get upgraded to 512 Kbps speed at no extra charge by the end of June.

Those who are currently on 512 kbps will start getting 1 Mbps; and 1Mbps subscribers will get speeds of 2Mbps.

Speaking to Business Line Mr. K. Srinivas, Joint President-Telemedia Services, Bharti Airtel, “We are massifying the broadband experience by enabling users to access higher speeds at affordable rates. Our data shows that more and more customers want higher speeds. Average usage per customer has also increased by 40 per cent.

“Therefore, we are redefining broadband speeds in India by upgrading all our subscribers to 512 Kbps even as the telecom regulator defines broadband as 256 Kbps.”

The 4Mbps connection to be launched by Airtel is also 30-40 per cent cheaper compared with current market rates. With a 4Mbps connection users can download a 1 GB movie in 34 minutes :d compared with 9 hours taken in case of 256 Kbps speed.

For Rs 899 a month, subscribers can download up to 6 GB of data after which the users has the option to pay at the rate of 10 paise for every additional MB downloaded or move to a 256 Kbps speed till the new billing cycle starts.......
(6 GB not bad with like this high speed)

According to industry estimates, the median for broadband usage per user is about 4 GB a month.

Battle for speed :cool:

Over the past six months, telecom players have got engaged in a battle for speed. Recently a Mumbai-based Internet Service Provider –Tikona launched a 2Mbps speed connection priced between Rs 299 and Rs 1,249 depending on the download usage.
Tata Teleservices Maharashtra had introduced a 100 Mbps line in Mumbai, :y ..... while State-owned BSNL is offering 24Mbps connection for Rs 9,999.

There are also a bunch of CDMA operators who are offering 3G-enabled dongles with an average throughput of 1 Mbps speed for about Rs 1,500. Bharti Airtel's new 4Mbps offer will be rolled out in phases starting with four cities.

The move is expected to prompt other players to come out with their own plans and offers over the next few days. At the end of December, Bharti had over a million broadband subscribers across 95 cities.

The Hindu Business Line : Bharti doubles broadband speeds at no extra cost

RUPIND3R

heaven's got a hitman
aenni speed te 6 gb taan kuch w nahin ....
ik din w nahin lagna n ur download limit khatam ,,fer wehle baethe raho saara mahena...........
plan taan hamesha unlimited hi wadhia rehndaa

umang26

like a star!
^^ truee.. 4gb a month? lol ehni te usage te count ho jandi honi ..i downloaded 107gb in 7 days only in the nite time when i had that kind of speed. and bharti kuj special ni kar reya..end of june is veryyyyy far..mtnl has already doubled its speeds. so no one can beat them !

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
^^^ ahan othe expensive ..yeh baat kuch hazam nahe hue :sim

vase jive kehnde hain na muchan ho to nathu lal jese ho ...odan he internet hove te unlimted hove nahe te na hove :an :p

prithvi.k

on off on off......
bai 6gb monthly theek tah hegi..hor kinni chahidi ? Or do u ppl have the downloading habbit..az mehnu bhi eh habbit si..but not now az i rarely download now days any song or movie....:an

Naughty_always

~ Internal Happiness ~
leee yr plan ta hamesha unlimited hi lawe........mere warga ta mahine ch shayaad 40 gb downloading krda hona..............kher neways :thnx fr the info.......

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
m using Tata wimax

in night n on sunday i get speed of 1.5 mbps and rest of time 256 Kbps ....paying Rs 1250 pm ...Unlimited plan ....but if limit exceeds abv 45 gb ..dey ll suspend the connection ..lol :p

umang26

like a star!
here 256 kbps sab tax mila keh Rs 900 .. unlimited
TATA internet service

lol i was paying 675 including everything with 100 free calls for 256 unlimited. MTNL ZIndabAAD!..and not my speed has changed to 512 for the same amount that is 675 loll ..and let me highlight that 75 is the rent of the Wifi modem!

m using Tata wimax

in night n on sunday i get speed of 1.5 mbps and rest of time 256 Kbps ....paying Rs 1250 pm ...Unlimited plan ....but if limit exceeds abv 45 gb ..dey ll suspend the connection ..lol :p

woww ! thats veryy expensive ..now in rs. 1000 u get 1 mbps ..not only on weekends but everyday! again MTL ZINDABAD!

TaRaN.rbk

ImmorTaL KhalsA
lol i was paying 675 including everything with 100 free calls for 256 unlimited. MTNL ZIndabAAD!..and not my speed has changed to 512 for the same amount that is 675 loll ..and let me highlight that 75 is the rent of the Wifi modem!

woww ! thats veryy expensive ..now in rs. 1000 u get 1 mbps ..not only on weekends but everyday! again MTL ZINDABAD!

before Tata ..i had MTNL only ..i used MTNL for 6 yrs but if u faced da same prob dat i had ..u ll surely take bak ur words :p

First ....MTNL is cheaper ..no doubt ...but i want service at prompt .. incase MTNL ..thr is atleast 1 week difference b/w date of complaint n date of visit to solve !

Second..thr was a problem going in my area...they wr shifting MTNL exchange to another place..for dat dey disconnected all MTNL landlines...(saying it ll take only 10 days) ....after 1 month and 10 visits to MTNL office...still no solution ..only some connection wr re-connected .. ... without even using net & phone..lol i gav them free money as a tarriff plan rent .... i knw dis can be waived off but who the hell ll visit everyday to fight them in morning ! .....and i already had a huge fight wid MTNL officers ;)

n i dun hav airtel in my area ! ....

So nw say wat u except 4m me ?