Bhai Kanhaiya Ji .....

smilly

VIP
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle colSpan=4>Bhai Kanhaiya Ji </TD></TR><TR align=middle colspan="4"><TD align=middle colSpan=4>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=4>
Bhai Kanhaiyaji, the disciple of Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib and Guru Gobind Singh Ji was an epitome of humility, devotion and loyalty to his Guru and Service to mankind without any discrimination of religion, caste or region. He was born at village Sodhra near Wazirabad on the banks of river Chenab(now is Pakistan) in 1648. Bhai Kanhaiyaji was devoted to the cause of the needy and downtrodden. His father was a wealthy trader, but he himself being of a religious bent had little interest in family trade and when his father expired, he waited for his brothers to take over the responsibility and set out to find his guru who could guide him on the path of service. He came to Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib and got the opportunity to serve him for three months. He then went on to establish a 'Dharamshal' at Kavha near Attack to serve the people, and he spread the message of 'Universal Brotherhood' as taught by Guru Nanak Dev Ji.In 1705 When Guru Gobind Singh Ji was engaged in battle, Bhai Kanhaiyaji moved to Anandpur Sahib and took over the responsibility of serving drinking water to soldiers wounded in the battlefield. Attired in white clothes with a white flag fixed in the left side of his belt, he carried the leather bag (Mashk) on his shoulders and served water to the wounded without discrimination, to friends and foe. When a few Sikhs complained to Guru Gobind Singh Ji that Bhai Kanhaiyaji was serving water to the enemy, Guru ji called him and sought his version. Bhai Kanhaiyaji submitted 'With Thy Grace My Lord! My Eyes Are So Enlightened That I See Nothing Else But Your Divine Spirit Pervading Everywhere And In All, Since I Served None Else But Only Thyself My Lord?'
</TD></TR><TR align=middle colspan="4"><TD align=middle colSpan=4>
Guru Gobind Singh Ji then blessed Bhai Kanhaiya ji as a holy man and gave him a box ointment, for healing wounds. This inspired a group of volunteers who worked under the guidence of Bhai kanhaiya ji, who thus became a forerunner of the Red Cross movement which Sir Henry Durant founded about 160 years later. When Guru Gobind Singh Ji left Anandpur Sahib. He continued to serve the people and devoted his remaining life to preach and practice teaching of the sikh Gurus till he left the world at the age of 71 years, While listening to the sacred hymns of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. He left behind a unique movement of 'Sewa Panthi'. Which literally means people devoted to service of humanity.
</TD></TR><TR align=middle colspan="4"><TD align=middle colSpan=4>
The message of Bhai Kanhaiya's mission, enshrined in Guru Granth Sahib ji'

Na Ko Bairi Nahin Bigana, Sagal Sand Ham Ko Ban Aiyee''

continues to be as relevant, today. An Award has been instituted in memory of Bhai Kanhaiyaji to honour the individuals/organizations who serve mankind in the same spirit of devotion and selflessness. The stamp depicts Bhai Kanhaiyaji spreading the message of universal brotherhood, as the water server. The F. D. C depicts Bhai Kanhaiya ji receiving the box of ointment from Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Bhai Kanhaiya retired to Sodhara where he died in 1718 The Department of Post is happy to issue a stamp in honour of Bhai Kanhaiyaji.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

smilly

VIP

- Fore-runner of Red Cross.
Bhai Kanhaiya, later on, the founder of the Seva Pant, used to serve drinking water to the wounded Turk soldiers alongwith the Sikh soldiers. Some people complained to Guru gobind singh on this account. Guru Ji enquired from Bhai Sahib about that, to which Bhai Ji replied "I see you alone, my master in every person, I cannot distinguish between the Turks , the Sikhs and You."

attachment.php

Young Bhai Kanhaiya in search of peace and truth in the company of mendicants, sadhus and faquirs.

attachment.php

Bhai Kanhaiya ends his quest for peace and truth after seeking refuge of Sri Guru Teg Bahadur Ji at Anandpur Sahib by becoming His disciple and absorbing the tenets of the Sikh way of life

Attachments

• kanhaiya1.jpg
    kanhaiya1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,830
  • kanhaiya2.jpg
    kanhaiya2.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,011

smilly

VIP
attachment.php

Bhai Kanhaiya serves devotedly in the Guru's stable and langar (kitchen). His devotion, dedication and selfless service so impressed the Divine Master that He advised him to travel and preach such virtues to others and serve humanity at large.
attachment.php

Bhai Kanhaiya, on reaching Kavha, (district Attock, now in Pakistan), established a dharamsal providing much sought-after water, peace and resting place to the wayfarers. It soon developed into a centre for religious learning and selfless service.

Attachments

• kanhaiya3.jpg
    kanhaiya3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,721
  • kanhaiya4.jpg
    kanhaiya4.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,472