Believe it or not, I am not dating Tiger Shroff: Disha Patani

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
songlaunchofmoviebefikra_8155012280a211e-1.jpg

Owing to her alleged relationship with actor Tiger Shroff, actor Disha Patani has already made a lot of buzz, even before her debut has been released. However, she is confident that this news will be forgotten in no time.

The rumours about her relationship do not rile her at all. “Tiger and I are not dating but now it is up to people to believe or not. Speculations about my personal life never affect me. My work is something which bothers me. If people don’t like my performance then I am concerned,” says Patani, who has also shared screen space with Hollywood actor Jackie Chan in an Indo-China project.

“I know for a fact that if I go with Sushant (Singh Rajput) for dinner, there will be news in the papers the next day saying that ‘They are dating’. I know cinema now and I know how it functions so it doesn’t bother me at all. The news will come and go and nobody remembers all this and end of the day your film will be remembered,” says 21-year-old Patani, who will be seen alongside Rajput in the biopic on cricketer MS Dhoni.

On the work front, Patani will be seen playing the role of Priyanka Jha, Dhoni’s former love interest in the film. Priyanka died in a road accident in 2002 when Dhoni was playing abroad, and ccording to reports it took him a year to recuperate from the loss. Though Rajput, who essays the cricketer’s role onscreen has been spending a lot of time with the cricketer, Patani says she just followed director Neeraj Pandey’s direction.

“I haven’t met anyone. Not even Dhoni sir or Sakshi (Dhoni’s wife) ma’am. Whatever information I had was from Neeraj sir and I know that he knows what he is doing. So I did not meet Priyanka’s family or friends,” she says.