Baniya Sikh ?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I don't know a SIngle Baniya Sikh, I am interested to know why ?

Anyone with a fact or a theory ?

or do you know any Bania Sikh ?

most of my bania friends have utmost respect for Sikhi.

Gurdware bhi regular jande, so why no Bania SIkh :-?

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
sikhi da kisi caste naal ki lena dena...
jehda banda kise religion di rehat maryaada poori kari,, oh ose dharam naal pachanya jaa sakda... es ch ki hai ?

Kehan di gall hai, Ajit akhbar ch dekh lo, kalli kalli caste da alag column baneya :p
vaise hona ta idha hi chahida. ki rakheya caste ch.

main udha hi curious aa, Brahman, Khatri, Jatt etc. ta bathere Sikha nu personally jaanda. Bania Sikh ni miliya kadhe :-?

te Muslim bania bhi nahi, Khatri,jatt ta bathere hunde.

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
Baniya community has got so many sub casts. They were never in danger of being prosecuted for being hindu because of the their business(trading & money lending) during mugal rule. They enjoyed power due to proximity towards rulers. They are closely knit community. They help each other very much. So if some one converts to another religion they boycott the family socially and financially. which indeed a disaster for a business man.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I think it was same for Jatts, landowners enjoyed close proximity with ruling class. there is hardly any mention of a Jatt Sikh during Guruship era.

later they joined in hordes yet banias stick to the roots.

kyl

Elite
Bhardwaj are Brahmins not Baniya. There are some baniys or say Aggarwals in and around Bathinda who wear turban and some are clean shaven but use Singh as last name but in India matrimony alliances happen within their own caste. So if someone from Aggarwal community practice Sikhism in current generation in next 30 or 40 years his family will slowly turn to Hinduism or Jainism due to marriage of his children in these religion. Also Aggarwals are not native of Punjab and they have business and family ties throughout India. Almost all Aggarwals have their ancestry from Rajasthan or Gujrat. Thus they are less influenced by local developments compared to other caste such as Khatri Jatt Arora or Saraswat Brahmins which are native of Punjab.

i've met sikh in Ludhiana with surname "Bhardwaj"

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Shipra Goyal the famous punjabi singer

_Nishant Jindal (Another One)

Student of kalgidhar

Prime VIP
Staff member
Gurbani teach us to rise above casteism.
Guru Gobind singh ji consecrated (baptized)to five men whom is known "panj pyaras" named Bhai Daya Singh, Bhai Himmat Singh, Bhai Mohkam Singh,Bhai Sahib Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh.

1. Bhai Sahib Singh (ਭਾਈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸਿੰਘ) was one of the Panj Pyare (or the Five beloved ones). He was formerly known as Sahib Chand and was a Barber (Nai) before being baptized into Khalsa tradition.

2. Bhai Himmat singh ji was born on 18 January 1661 at Jagannath in a "low-caste" family of water suppliers.

Thats why, for my money, we must rise above casteism . And follow gurbani...

Every Gurudwara has five doors . Thats means members of all four castes are equally welcome. No discrimination will be with any person whatever caste they belong to....

U

Unregistered

Brother
Baniya have the following religion

Hindu 88%
Jain 11%
Sikh <1%

-Nishant Jindal