Prep time: 45 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
For the mimosa dressing:
75ml olive oil
125ml sunflower oil
50ml non-alcoholic white wine vinegar
8ml lemon juice
salt and pepper, to taste
For broth, boil, reduce (30 mins), strain:
1.5l chicken stock
700ml coconut milk
40g each, ginger and lemongrass
15g red chilli
4g each, star anise and lime leaves
8 chicken thighs
20g chilli jam
10ml lime juice
spicy satay sauce, to serve
100g baby carrots, shaved
60g daikon, cut into batons
100g cucumber, seeded and shaved
50g mangetout, blanched and cut into strips
spring onion, chilli, coriander and sesame seeds, for garnishing
1. Mimosa dressing: Mix together all the ingredients. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Poach chicken thighs in broth for 8 minutes, let it cool then shred.
3. Thai dressing: Mix 15g chilli jam, 150ml mimosa dressing and lime juice.
4. To serve, spoon some satay sauce in a plate, dress half the vegetables with remaining mimosa dressing and chilli jam and place on top of the sauce.
5. Add chicken to the remaining vegetables and season with salt and pepper; place on plate. Drizzle a little sauce on top; garnish and serve.