Recipe Banana Souffle (Dessert)

mani_87

The True Jatt
Yes I Know Im A Guy, But I Can Cook & Tryed Out This Reciepe Substituting The Egg With A Alternative (Cause Of My Diet).

Try It Out Makes A Nice Family Dessert Or Even Perfect For Parties
Let Me Know How It Goes.

Ingredients

For the soufflé
2 free-range egg whites
1 banana, mashed
1 tbsp caster sugar
½ lemon, juice only
For the caramelised banana
1 banana, cut into thick slices on the diagonal
50g/2oz butter
50g/2oz caster sugar
1 tbsp honey
For the custard
2 free-range egg yolks
50g/2oz caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, split open and seeds
scraped out
150ml/5½fl oz milk
Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Place a baking sheet into the oven to heat.
3. For the soufflé, place the egg whites into a large clean bowl and whisk until stiff, then fold in the remaining soufflé ingredients.
4. Pour the soufflé mixture into a baking dish and use your thumb to clear the rim of the dish to help the soufflé rise. Place into the oven on the preheated baking sheet to bake for 10 minutes, until risen and golden.
5. For the caramelised banana, place the banana, butter, sugar and honey into a frying pan over a medium heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until the banana is golden brown and caramelised.
6. Meanwhile for the custard, place the caster sugar, egg yolks and vanilla seeds into a bowl and whisk together.
7. Heat the milk in a saucepan over a high heat until just beginning to boil. Remove from the heat and pour the milk slowly into the bowl of egg yolk and sugar mixture, whisking well and continuously.
8. Pour the milk mixture back into the saucepan and return to a gentle heat until thickened.
9. To serve, place the caramelised bananas into a bowl and pour the custard over. Serve the soufflé alongside.