B-Town mourns film producer Abis Rizvi's death in Istanbul attack

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
abisrizvi-1.jpg

Bollywood celebrities like Madhur Bhandarkar, Pooja Bhatt and Raveena Tandon have mourned the tragic demise of film producer Abis Rizvi in a terror attack on an Istanbul nightclub.

A gunman opened fire at people celebrating New Year at a nightclub in Istanbul early on Sunday, claimed at least 39 lives and injuring 69. Rizvi was one of the two Indians who passed away in the attacks, External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj posted on Twitter.

Sushma Swaraj ✔ @SushmaSwaraj
I have a bad news from Turkey. We have lost two Indian nationals in the Istanbul attack. Indian Ambassador is on way to Istanbul. /1
6:46 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Sushma Swaraj ✔ @SushmaSwaraj
The victims are Mr.Abis Rizvi son of former Rajya Sabha MP and Ms.Khushi Shah from Gujarat. /2
6:47 PM - 1 Jan 2017

After his death news was announced, various celebrities took to Twitter to pay tribute to Rizvi, who produced the 2014 film “Roar”.

Actress Raveena Tandon tweeted: “Abis, we shall miss you RIP my dearest friend. We love you. You leave a deep gap in our hearts and lives.”

Raveena Tandon ✔ @TandonRaveena
Abis,We shall miss you❤️RIP my dearest friend.We love http://you.You leave a deep gap in our hearts & lives ..#terrorattackistanbul
11:02 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Filmmaker Madhur Bhandarkar said: “Shocked by the news of losing one of my long time and dearest friend, Abis Rizvi, in the shootout in Istanbul. Will miss you my friend. RIP.”

https://twitter.com/imbhandarkar/status/815602867788742657/

Actor Randeep Hooda wrote: “Shocking. Life is too short, we take too much for granted.. RIP Abis Rizvi. Good man. My condolences to the family.”

Randeep Hooda ✔ @RandeepHooda
Shocking .. Life is too short, we take too much for granted.. #RIP #AbisRizvi .. Good man.. My condolences to the family ???? #istambulattack
12:34 AM - 2 Jan 2017

Actress Pooja Bhatt also expressed condolence, and said: “Devastated to hear that our friend Abis Rizvi was shot dead in the Istanbul nightclub attack. My heart goes out to his family. RIP.”

Pooja Bhatt @PoojaB1972
Devastated to hear that our friend #AbisRizvi was shot dead in the Istanbul nightclub attack. My heart goes out to his family. RIP ????????????
9:53 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Jaaved Jaaferi ✔ @jaavedjaaferi
Devastated by the death of my friend #AbisRizvi in the dastardly terrorist attack this morning in an #Istanbul nightclub.
9:17 PM - 1 Jan 2017

Jaaved Jaaferi ✔ @jaavedjaaferi
People who carry out attacks on innocent civilians are the scum of the earth #Istanbul #TerrorAttack.
There should be no mercy on them
9:25 PM - 1 Jan 2017

shama sikander ✔ @shamasikander
It is indeed extremely sad ???????? he was my friend too n I m shocked by d way it happened #stopterrorism pls pls plssss???????????? https://twitter.com/ananthmahadevan/status/815597715191046145 …
11:28 PM - 1 Jan 2017

poonam dhillon @poonamdhillon
#IstanbulNightclubAttack tragic!So many lives lost.So terrible that 2 young Indians killed too. RIP #abisrizvi a young dynamic achiever .
9:03 PM - 1 Jan 2017 · Mumbai, India

Nora Fatehi ✔ @Norafatehi
Im in utter state of shock i cant believe this is happening! Ive just lost a good friend from the shooting that happened in #Turkey ????
7:43 PM - 1 Jan 2017