Amazon Alexa freaks out owner by saying ‘I see people dying’

007vivek007

Prime VIP
Staff member
NCTJxJ7-1.jpg

Amazon released its Alexa-powered smart speakers back in 2014 with an aim to make our lives easier. Sure, Alexa can tell us about the weather updates, remind us of birthdays, upcoming events, play our favorite songs, and do a lot more. But looking at the recent events, we’re having minor concerns about the robot uprising. Late last year, Amazon Alexa ‘threw a party on its own’ in an empty flat, and now, it has been making some creepiest comments.

Shawn Kinnear from San Francisco claims his Alexa left him stunned and disturbed when she reportedly said, “Every time I close my eyes all I see is people dying”. Speaking to the Metro US, Kinnear detailed the alarming incident.

“I walked back in from the kitchen and she made her statement. It was a long statement so I listened then was like, ***, it said nothing else. I then asked Alexa to repeat the statement and she said she did not understand,” he said.

Kinnear said that the device usually sits unused in this home, and it was gifted to his partner at work. He further noted that his partner occasionally asks Alexa for score reports, weather updates, but this was the first time Alexa acted out of ordinary. Kinnear also said that he and his partner are now considering unplugging the Amazon Echo for good.

Strangely, this is not the first time Alexa has acted out weirdly. Last year, it alerted police in New Mexico after it heard the owner threaten to beat his girlfriend. Amazon hasn’t commented on this creepy Alexa outburst, and we sure wouldn’t want any Sixth Sense type situation in our home, do we?​

Source