- 3 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and mashed
- 3/4 cup frozen peas (uncooked)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tbs. grated ginger
- 1 handful fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tbs. bread crumbs (I used panko)
- 4 tbs. flour
- Once the potatoes have been boiled and mashed, add in all the other ingredients.
- Form into patties (you should be able to get 8 large patties or 10 smaller ones).
- Heat a little oil over medium-high heat and fry a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Drain and cool on paper towels.
- Serve with any kind of sauce you like (I served it with a cottage/ricotta cheese mixture, but I imagine this would be delicious with some kind of chutney)!