Punjab News About ----satinder sartaaj---

maansahab

--: MAAN SAHAB :---
SATINDER SARTAAJ To describe this personality, one has to look beyond the scope of the dictionary. He sings in his own style, Punjabi culture lives in the writings of his personality, his Sufi thoughts go deep in his poetry, and everyone gets lost in his composition. Once he starts MEHFIL, everyone gets glued to their seats. Satinder Sartaaj was born in the village of Bajrawar, Distt. Hoshiarpur (Punjab eastern). Living in the sleepy village as a child, Satinder hooked to the melody emanating from the Flute and Sarangi of the wondering folk artists. Talking about his schooling from his own village and nearby villages Chahewal & Patti, he says “I started performing at the Bal-Sabhas when I was in 3rd class and this marked the beginning of my journey!” After that, he joined Govt. College, Hoshiarpur to complete his graduation in Music with Honours. Side by side, he joined Sangeet Visharad, a five year diploma in classical music from Jallandhar. After completing his graduation and diploma, Satinder went to Panjab University, Chandigarh for a Masters in Music. With blessing from his parents, he completed a M.Phil and PhD with a Specialization of Sufi Music. To understand the deep thoughts of Sufi Poetry, Satinder completed a Certificate Course and Diploma in Persian (Farsi) Language. During this time, he started writing poetry and making his poetic name (Tkhallus) SARTAAJ. Now Dr. Satinder Sartaaj has been teaching at the Department of Music in Panjab University in Chandigarh for the last six years.