Abhishek to spend 34th birthday at work

chief

Prime VIP
Abhishek to spend 34th birthday at work

New Delhi, Feb 4 (IANS) Heir to the first family of Bollywood, married to one of the most beautiful women in the world and with a kitty full of projects, actor Abhishek Bachchan has no complaints spending his 34th birthday Friday quietly shooting for his next film.

'I'll be shooting for my film 'Crooked' in Mumbai - something I do every year on my birthday,' Abhishek told IANS here.

Asked if wife Aishwarya Rai would be joining him on the sets, as she has famously done in the past, he said: 'If she is free, she'll come and join me. If not, I'll meet her at night after I finish working.'

The son of actors Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan, Abhishek also completes a decade in Bollywood this year. Dyslexic as a child, he left his studies mid-way at Boston University to pursue acting when his family was going through a tough time.

In 2000, he made his big-screen debut with J.P. Dutta's moderately successful 'Refugee' that tipped him as a dark horse in the industry.

Success, however, shone on him only after four years with 'Yuva'. He was critically acclaimed for his role in Mani Ratnam's 'Yuva' and then he gave his first big hit 'Dhoom' in the same year.

Junior B or Baby B, as he is fondly called, maintained the momentum next year with 'Bunty Aur Babli', 'Sarkar', 'Dus' and 'Bluffmaster'.

In 2006, he was not only voted the sexiest man in Asia but went leaps and bounds with 'Dhoom 2' followed by 'Guru' (2007) and 'Dostana' (2008) and his last outing 'Paa', with which he also turned producer.

Abhishek has constantly been compared to his megastar father Amitabh Bachchan since day one.

Asked if it ever bogged him down, he said: 'I am being compared to the best. I have no complaints. If they (critics and audiences) are comparing me to the best that means somewhere they feel I am worthy of being in the same sentences. And I am happy about that.'

The actor also debuted on the small screen this year with game show 'National Bingo Night' and he was here to promote it.

Apart from 'Crooked' and the show, with future projects like 'Raavan', 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey' and a Hindi adaptation of 'The Italian Job' in hand, Abhishek believes in looking forward.

'I don't look back into the past. I look into the future. I am a positive person,' he said