Abhishek and Aishwarya return with a comedy

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1658964189.jpg
You could say Abhishek Bachchan is acting funny with wife Aishwarya — that's because the couple are starring in their first comedy together, called Ladies And Gentlemen.

"I was very keen to do a comedy after a spate of more serious films and also Aishwarya and I haven't done a comedy together, so I'm excited about this film," Bachchan said.

To be produced and directed by Rajkumar Santoshi, the film is slated for a 2012 release and is set for shooting in the first week of July.

"It's a great script, very funny and Raj ji is directing it. We've been very keen to work together for a long time. I'm very happy that we will be finally working together," he said.

In the film, Bachchan plays a guy with a roving eye and Aishwarya sportingly allows her husband to do so.

When asked to give more details, the 35-year-old said: "It wouldn't be correct to speak about the film at this juncture."

The couple were last seen together on screen in Raavan, which was a dud.

Bachchan, whose film Game also bombed at the box office, is elated with the positive response to Dum Maaro Dum.

"I haven't had the time to sit down and reflect on the film. But I think youth have really connected with it. I always said Rohan [Sippy] has always made very cool films. The script by Shridhar and an all-round great team performance I think has worked for the film," he added.

Bachchan, who is currently shooting in Russia for Abbas-Mustan's Players also came clean on allegations that he was not happy with the climax of Dum Maaro Dum and wanted to get it changed.

"Nothing like that. Rohan has always been kind enough to involve me in the entire creative process of his films. I had suggestions. Some he used and some he didn't. It's all part of the process of making a film," he said.
[/img][/COLOR]