Aamir's Satyamev Jayate fetches rave reviews on Twitter

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2467386589.jpg
Aamir Khan's maiden episode of his first ever TV show Satyamev Jayate fetched rave reviews on Twitter yesterday, occupying the "top five trends" on the social networking site.

Even before Khan could wrap up the episode, which focused on female foeticide and was aired on Star Plus and Doordarshan, 2,254 tweets were notched up within an hour on the microblogging site.

From Bollywood celebs to the person on the street, to activists like Kiran Bedi, all gave the show the thumbs up.

Here's what the Twitterati had to say:

Kiran Bedi: I would give full marks to Aamir Khan's TV Prog Satyamev Jayate, very creative, evidence based and emotionally connecting, inspiring! Thank u.

Preity Zinta: Watching Aamir Khan on Satyamev Jayate discussing female foeticide. I love this effort from him and thank him as a woman.

Dia Mirza: I always wanted something like this on TV. Thank you Aamir for stirring people (Sic).

Farhan Akhtar: Satyamev Jayate. A show with a heart.

Boman Irani: Good show Aamir.

Shabana Azmi: Aamir Khan's show can bring a revolution. Thoroughly researched, covers all aspects, touches emotional chord n forces us to reexamine ourselves.

Neha Dhupia: Watching Aamir Khan address the unreal problems of real India. I am a fan as always.

Mandira Bedi: A reality show in its truest sense. Some stirring and troubling realities of our times.. I applaud Aamir Khan.

Kabir Bedi: Aamir Khan's 1st episode of Satyamev Jayate exposes killing of baby girls, India's darkest secret. Brilliant.

Mini Mathur: Aamir Khan I am so proud of you. You have put your stature to use in the most straight and compelling way. TV has woken up to a new era.

Kabir Khan: For an hour this morning. Television stopped being the idiot box.

Maria Goretti: An hour well spent watching Satyameva Jayate. Aamir Khan take a bow, poignant issues, heartfelt and emotional content TV never felt as good. — IANS
[/img][/COLOR]