Aamir Khan says yes to Dhoom 3

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2355689364.jpg

Bollywood megastar Aamir Khan on Wednesday confirmed he has signed up for the next installment of the hugely successful franchise Dhoom.

Khan will play a baddie in the action flick, simply titled Dhoom 3, following on the footsteps of actors John Abraham and Hrithik Roshan, who each starred in the first two installments.

"It is indeed a pleasure to be working with Yashraj once again. Dhoom is a great franchise, most entertaining and full of fun. Everytime I hear the theme tune of Dhoom it brings a swing to my step," the actor said in a statement released to the Indian media.

"Victor's script really won me over and I look forward to working with him, sharing screen space with Jai and Ali."

Actors Abhishek Bachchan and Uday Chopra will reprise their roles as cop and sidekick Jai and Ali respectively.

The announcement comes after years of speculation about whether or not Khan would give his nod to the eagerly awaited film, the first two of which have been runaway successes. There were also rumours that superstar Shah Rukh Khan had also been approached for the role.

"I am terribly excited with what an actor like Aamir Khan will bring to Dhoom franchise with his unique star power and level of performance," producer Yash Chopra said. The new film will be directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, who directed the action flick Tashan in 2008. Shooting is scheduled to begin by the end of the year followed by a 2012 Christmas release.

Khan is undoubtedly one of India's most versatile actors and is well respected for his dedication and for taking on a variety of roles.

[/img][/COLOR]