Aamir and his controversial statement

Miss Alone

Prime VIP

For Muslims, no country better than India, no neighbour better than a Hindu: BJP on Aamir

Attacking actor Aamir Khan for his remarks on intolerance, the BJP on Tuesday said no country in the world is better than the "incredible and 'atulya' (unmatched)" India for Muslims and no neighbour better than a Hindu.

"Don't forget India made you a star," the BJP's Muslim face, Shahnawaz Hussain, told reporters in New Delhi. "Aamir Khan will not find a better country than India. We are the only country that does not look at an artist's religion," he said.

"If you leave India, you will only find intolerance anywhere you go," Hussain added.

On Rahul Gandhi's support to Aamir, the BJP leader said, "The Congress, which should have invited the Sikhs to talk instead of killing them in 1984 and which has organised hundreds of riots in the country, should not teach India tolerance."

"The Congress is unable to tolerate a popular prime minister and an elected government," he said as he accused the Sonia Gandhi-led party of orchestrating the Aamir Khan controversy.

On Monday, Aamir, joining the growing chorus of the intelligentsia against intolerance, had said, "When I chat with Kiran (Rao, his wife) at home, she says, 'Should we move out of India?' That's a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make. She fears for her child. She fears what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day. That does indicate that there is this sense of growing disquiet, there is growing despondency apart from alarm."

Aamir had made the statement during an interaction at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards ceremony, which was also attended by senior Union minister Arun Jaitley.

As the remarks became another contentious episode in the intolerance row, Rahul Gandhi tweeted, "Instead of branding all those who question the Govt & Modiji- as unpatriotic, anti national or 'motivated', the Govt would do better to reach out to people to understand what's disturbing them. That's the way to solve problems in India- not by bullying, threatening & abusing!"

"What Aamir Khan, one of the most respected actors, has said in the presence of many senior BJP people is what the whole world is saying, all of India is saying, all right- minded people are saying," Congress spokesperson Abhishek Singhvi said.

But the government reacted strongly, saying Aamir's remark "tarnishes the image" of India. "All this debate is misplaced. There are issues which society as a whole needs to come together and address. But to just make a blatant statement that during the NDA rule, the country has become intolerant unnecessarily tarnishes the image of the nation," Union minister Kiren Rijiju said.

Rijiju added that records show that the number of communal violence incidents have come down since the National Democratic Alliance government came to power in May last year.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Anupam, Paresh, Rishi lash out at Aamir over his controversial statement

Looks like the intolerance controversy is not going to die down any time soon. If Shah Rukh Khan’s statement on the subject got him badgered by the janta, Aamir Khan’s recent statement has made him come under the scanner of the Bollywood fraternity.

While speaking at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Awards, the PK actor talked about being ‘alarmed’ by the current happenings and growing intolerance in the country.

He even went onto say that his wife, director Kiran Rao, had suggested that they move out of the country as she feared bringing up her son in this environment. "When I chat with Kiran at home, she says 'Should we move out of India?' That's a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make. She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be,” the 50-year-old actor said at the award ceremony.

Enraged by his comments, actors Paresh Rawal, Rishi Kapoor and Anupam Kher took to twitter to lash out at Khan. Rawal, taking pot-shots at Khan’s rather controversial blockbuster hit PK, tweeted:

Kher also tweeted out to the actor, pointing out that he had become Aamir Khan only because of his motherland.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
देश के माहौल पर पहले शाहरुख खान के बयान से विवाद हुआ था. अब आमिर खान ने भी जो कहा है उससे विवाद शुरू हो गया है. कल अभिनेता आमिर खान ने ''असहिष्णुता' के विवाद पर कहा है कि पहली बार उनकी पत्नी किरन को अपने बच्चों को लेकर डर लग रहा है. आमिर के मुताबिक उनकी पत्नी किरन ने देश छोड़कर जाने की बात कही. उन्होंने 6-8 महीने के माहौल का जिक्र किया.

इस बयान पर चारों तरफ मचे बवाल के बीच सरकार ने कहा है कि ये अभिनेता देश में पुरी तरह सुरक्षित हैं. केंद्रीय मंत्री मुख्तार अब्बास नकवी ने कहा है, 'हम आमिर खान को देश नहीं छोड़ने देंगे. वह यहां सुरक्षित हैं. जिस तरह का बयान उन्होंने दिया है वह राजनीति से प्रेरित है. यह उन लोगों की बेइज्जती है जिन्होंने आमिर खान को इस देश में इतना सम्मान दिया है.'

आपको बता दें कि रामनाथ गोयंका अवार्ड समारोह में बातचीत के दौरान आमिर ने देश में बढ़ती असहनशीलता को लेकर अवॉर्ड लौटाने वाले इतिहासकारों और वैज्ञानिकों के कदम का भी समर्थन किया है.

बीजेपी या उससे सहानुभूति रखने वालों का आमिर खान पर हमला शुरू हो चुका है. कोई सवाल पूछ रहा है तो कोई माफी की मांग कर रहा है.

अनुपम खेर, बॉलीवुड अभिनेता
असहनशीलता का आरोप लगाने वालों और पुरस्कार लौटाने वालों के खिलाफ दिल्ली में प्रदर्शन करने वाले अनुपम खेर आमिर पर भड़क गए हैं. टिवटर पर अनुपम खेर ने आमिर से पूछा है कि क्या उन्होंने अपनी पत्नी किरन से पूछा है कि वो किस देश जाना चाहते हैं, क्या तुमने उन्हें बताया कि इसी देश ने तुम्हें आमिर खान बनाया है .

अनुपम खेर ने पूछा है कि क्या तुमने किरऩ से बताया कि इससे भी बुरा वक्त हमने यहां देखा है, लेकिन देश छोड़कर जाने के बारे में नहीं सोचा. अनुपम खेर ने आमिर खान से पूछा है कि देश में कथित असहिष्णुता बढ़ने के बाद देश के 20 लाख लोगों को क्या कहेंगे, वो सत्ता बदलने का इंतजार करें या देश छोड़ दें .

अनुपम ने आमिर पर हमला बोलते हुए कहा कि सत्यमेव जयते कार्यक्रम में आप ने बुराइयों के बावजूद आशावादी बनने को कहा था, इसलिए अगर असिहुष्णता है भी तो आशा बांटिए खौफ नहीं

परेश रावल, अभिनेता
ट्वीट कर परेश रावल ने कहा है, 'आमिर हर परिस्थिति से लड़ना जानता है, इसलिए वो भागेगा नहीं हालात को बदलेगा. एक सच्चा देशभक्त किसी मुश्किल वक्त में अपनी मातृभूमि को छोड़कर नहीं भागता, भागो नहीं इसका मुकाबला करो, अगर मैं इसे अपनी मातृभूमि समझता हूं तो इसे छोड़ने की बात नहीं करूंगा.'

मीनाक्षी लेखी, बीजेपी सांसद
असहनशीलता के सवाल पर आवाज उठने पर बीजेपी अब तक ये कह रही थी कि बिहार को लेकर ऐसा माहौल बनाया जा रहा है लेकिन अब बीजेपी की मीनाक्षी लेखी ने व्यापार से विवाद को जोड़ा है.

बीजेपी सांसद और भोजपुरी फिल्मों के ब़ड़े अभिनेता मनोज तिवारी ने आमिर खान पर हमला बोला है, माफी मांगने की मांग की है.

रामगोपाल वर्मा, डायरेक्टर-प्रोड्यूसर
आमिर के विरोध में डायरेक्टर-प्रोड्यूसर रामगोपाल वर्मा ने ट्वीट किया. वर्मा ने ट्विटर पर लिखा, 'अगर किसी हिन्दू बहुसंख्यक देश के तीन सुपरस्टार मुस्लिम हो सकते हैं तो यह अपने आप में साबित करता है कि मजोरिटी असहिष्णु नहीं है. इससे पहले एक और ट्वीट करके उन्होंने कहा- आमिर, शाहरुख और सलमान खान तीनों मुस्लिम हैं और हिन्दू राष्ट्र के सबसे बड़े स्टार हैं. क्या यह बात यह साबित करने के लिए काफी नहीं है कि भारत सहिष्णु है?

पाकिस्तानी मूल के लेखक तारिक फतह
तारिक फतह ने एबीपी न्यूज़ से बातचीत में कहा, 'आमिर खान एक बड़े स्टार हैं. मैं उनका फैन हूं. मैं नहीं समझता हूं कि अगर वो हिंदुस्तान में अनसेफ फील करते हैं तो दुनिया में कहीं फील करेंगे. वो किस मुल्क से तुलना करेंगे. श्रीलंका, वर्मा या पाकिस्तान से. इससे ज्यादा सेफ देश मुसलमानों के लिए दुनिया में नहीं हैं. मैंने दुनिया देखी है. जितनी आजादी हिंदुस्तान में मुसलमान को मिली है उतनी कहीं नहीं है. कहीं पर भी ज्यादा सेफ्टी नहीं है.'

साक्षी महाराज, बीजेपी सांसद
साक्षी महाराज ने भी आमिर खान पर हमला करते हुए कहा, 'इस देश को बहुत सम्मान दिया. आमिर खान बनाया. करोड़ों लोग उनके फैन हैं. आमिर खान साहब किसी साजिश के शिकार हुए हैं. आमिर खान मन के बहुत गंदे हैं. करोड़ो लोग उनका सम्मान करते हैं. सर्वे में सामने आया है कि सहिष्णु राष्ट्र है. उन्होंने इतनी बड़ी बात कैसे कह दी. क्या उनकी पत्नी तालिबान में रहना चाहती हैं. राष्ट्र के सम्मान में उन्हें अपने बयान को वापस लेना चाहिए.'​

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Aamir’s remarks on intolerance reveal Twitter’s good, bad and ugly

Actor Aamir Khan joined the debate on intolerance which is raging across the country and needless to say, Twitter was swamped with reactions to his remarks.
Speaking at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism awards ceremony on Monday evening, the actor said he was ‘alarmed’ by the number of incidents of violence, adding that his wife Kiran Rao had even suggested leaving the country.
In response, a large number of people on Twitter invited the actor to leave the country, with tweets ranging from vile personal shots at the actor, his family and his films to incredulity that he too has “hopped on the intolerance bandwagon”.

“No benefit of doubt to Aamir Khan, just being part of the propaganda. This is sheer hatred that is coming out,” said one.

Another post chose to do a comparison of “tolerance levels” in other countries, raising issues faced by the Muslim population in the aftermath of the Paris attacks, also mentioning Donald Trump’s inflammatory comments during his campaigns in the US.

“Perhaps Aamir Khan and family have considered moving to the UK? Latest news from the UK on rising intolerance towards Muslims.”

Some ardent fans of the actor seemed deeply distressed. “Seriously sad and appalled by the statement which Aamir Khan has made. You were a role model for zillions but it’s really shameful.”

“Our famed tolerance does not even extend to letting people express the fact that they may feel less than safe in India.”

Some responded to the oft-repeated argument that India has to be tolerant, since Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir would not have become superstars otherwise.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Police complaint against Aamir Khan over intolerance remark

Amid reactions from various fronts on Bollywood star Aamir Khan’s remarks over the “growing intolerance” in the country, short filmmaker Ullhas PR on Tuesday filed a police complaint against him at the New Ashok Nagar police station in the Capital.
Ullhas told IANS: “We have certain fundamental duties...which says that we should maintain harmony in the nation. So when celebrities give such type of statements, they should first mention which society are they talking about where people are living in scared conditions?”
The filmmaker had earlier lodged a complaint against the actor-producer following the release of his “PK”, in which he referred to policemen as “thulla”.
Ullhas added that “celebrities should think about their status and duties before making such statements. If they can’t help bring peace and prosperity in the nation, they shouldn’t scare people by speaking about intolerance and other issues”.
Aamir at an awards event in the capital on Monday said that India is going through a state of “growing despondency”, where his wife Kiran Rao “fears for her child, she fears for the atmosphere around us, she feels scared to open the newspapers every day”.
His comments have been criticised by the BJP as well as some film fraternity members like Anupam Kher, Paresh Rawal and Ashoke Pandit. However, Congress and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal have supported Aamir.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Intolerance debate chaotic, have faced similar backlash: AR Rahman

arrahman_2ac8858c933511e5b13b1ee01ddf34f-1.jpg

Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman on Tuesday broke his silence on the protest against “the rising incidents of intolerance” in India, calling #AwardWapsi “poetic” as it is non-violent in nature.
Rahman said any kind of revolt should be classy and people should not go out and hit one another. “Everything should be done classily and any kind of revolt should be classy. I think it is very poetic what people are doing rather than hitting each other,” he said.
After the murder of rationalist MM Kalburgi and Narender Dabholkar, many writers, historians, filmmakers and scientists returned their awards in protest. Actors Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan also spoke against the “climate of intolerance,” inviting a rabid backlash.
The music maestro, however, refused to comment on Aamir Khan saying his family contemplated leaving India after the rise in incidents of intolerance. Rahman said, “Don’t pull me into trouble.”
Aamir had said that his wife Kiran Rao suggested leaving India in the face of intolerance. The comments came after Shah Rukh Khan also faced public wrath over his “extreme intolerance” comment. He was termed a “Pakistani agent” and a traitor. SRK, however, retracted his statements and said in an interview, “I never said India is intolerant.”
Read: Aamir asks wife Kiran to stay away from Mumbai
The singer-composer also said the intolerance debate in India is becoming chaotic. “It is becoming very chaotic. People are hitting each other. We should set an example because we come from the land of Mahatma Gandhi. We have shown the world how all revolution can be done without violence,” Rahman said on the sidelines of NFDC Film Bazaar.
Rahman, known as the ‘Mozart of Madras’, had also faced religious resistance when fatwas were issued against him over his decision to compose the music of Muhammad: The Messenger of God, a film based on prophet Mohammad’s life. “I have gone through something similar sometime ago. And I then also mentioned that nothing should be violent. We all are ultra civilised people. It is a chaotic protest . We should show to the world that we are one of the most civilised culture,” he added.

Meanwhile, Aamir received support from Bollywood where Soni Razdan, filmmaker Hansal Mehta and actor Sophie Choudhary tweeted that the actor had every right to express his views.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Under fire, Aamir asks wife Kiran to leave Mumbai for a few days

Bollywood star Aamir Khan, whose comments over growing intolerance in India has drawn the ire of right-wing Hindus, has asked his wife Kiran and their child to leave Mumbai for a few days for the sake of their safety, a source close to the family told Hindustan Times on Tuesday.
Khan, 50, is under attack from the BJP and other Hindu groups for revealing his wife had suggested moving abroad following a spate of communal incidents in the country. Noisy protests have been reported from outside his residence in Mumbai as well as Patna, where angry Hindu activists painted his posters with black ink before setting them on fire.
“Aamir has asked Kiran to leave Mumbai for 2-3 days since he has been worried about her safety. They have decided to not talk further on this issue,” the source said on condition of anonymity.
“The actor feels that he has already expressed his opinion on the matter and has nothing to clarify.”

Neither the actor nor his wife took calls from HT through Tuesday.
A complaint has also been registered at a police station in New Delhi against Khan who made his comments over intolerance at a media awards event in the city on Monday.
“Kiran and I have lived all our lives in India. For the first time, she said, should we move out of India? That’s a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make to me,” Khan had said.
“She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day. That does indicate that there is a sense of growing disquiet.”
Khan’s anxiety about his family’s safety may not be misplaced as a barrage of controversial Hindu leaders such as BJP MP Yogi Adityanath and VHP leader Sadhvi Prachi fired a barrage of shots at him.
“Out of Pakistan, Syria, Palestine, Iran, Lebanon, Turkey and Israel, they (Aamir and Shah Rukh Khan) should disclose the name of the country where they want to go. We will arrange tickets for them,” said Prachi.
For his part, Adityanath said: “Those who want to leave (India) must not be stopped.”
A complaint was also registered at a police station in Delhi against him.
Senior ministers also spoke out against Khan but the Congress and Aam Aadmi Party have backed the popular artist.
Khan has been sucked into a swirling debate over growing intolerance in the country with opposition parties accusing tacit approval by the ruling BJP was behind the spike in sectarian violence, such as Mohammad Ikhlaq’s mob lynching and the killing of Dalit children in Faridabad.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
#Appwapsi: Snapdeal gets blowback from Aamir Khan controversy

commutersfeaturingadvertisementmarketpla-1.jpg

The controversy surrounding actor Aamir Khan’s comments on the debate whether India is becoming increasingly intolerant has claimed an unlikely victim -- e-commerce website Snapdeal.
The actor’s name continued to trend on social networking site Twitter all of Tuesday, a day after he spoke at the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism award ceremony. Users marked their protest against the actor after he said he was “alarmed” by the incidents of violence, adding that his wife Kiran Rao had even suggested leaving the country.
But all the verbal criticism online was not enough as several users decided to go a step further -– they are now directing their ire at Snapdeal, of which Khan is the brand ambassador, with hashtags ‘Appwapsi’ and ‘NoToSnapdeal’ growing popular. Those actively participating in this campaign also posted screenshots of them deleting the Snapdeal app from their cell phones.

snapdealintoleranceuninstalledcombinatio-1.jpg

Some protestors have even taken to the reviews section of the app to express their ire, flooding it with single-stars and comments on the company’s association with the Bollywood star. Hardly any of the comments in the first few pages have anything to do with the app itself.
When questioned on the ongoing protest, a Snapdeal spokesperson said, “We are not commenting on the situation.”
Many have also promised to boycott the actor’s films.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Aamir Khan: Proud to be Indian, don’t need anyone’s endorsement

Bollywood actor Aamir Khan, who is under fire for his comments over growing intolerance in India, said on Wednesday neither he or his wife have any intention of leaving the country.
“We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying,” Khan said in a statement released to the media.
The 50-year-old actor is facing ire of the BJP and other Hindu groups for revealing his wife, Kiran Rao, had suggested moving abroad following a spate of communal incidents in the country.
Hindu activists staged protests outside his house in Mumbai as well as Patna by painting his posters with black ink before setting them on fire.
“To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone’s permission nor endorsement for that. To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point,” he added.
Khan thanked everyone who stood by him saying, “We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for. We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, it’s concept of ekantavada, it’s love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.”
A complaint has also been registered at a police station in New Delhi against Khan who made his comments over intolerance at a media awards event in the city on Monday.
“Kiran and I have lived all our lives in India. For the first time, she said, should we move out of India? That’s a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make to me. She fears for her child. She fears about what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day. That does indicate that there is a sense of growing disquiet,” Khan had said.

Here is the actor’s statement in its entirety:

“First let me state categorically that neither I, nor my wife Kiran, have any intention of leaving the country. We never did, and nor would we like to in the future. Anyone implying the opposite has either not seen my interview or is deliberately trying to distort what I have said. India is my country, I love it, I feel fortunate for being born here, and this is where I am staying.
Secondly, I stand by everything that I have said in my interview.
To all those people who are calling me anti-national, I would like to say that I am proud to be Indian, and I do not need anyone’s permission nor endorsement for that.
To all the people shouting obscenities at me for speaking my heart out, it saddens me to say you are only proving my point.
To all the people who have stood by me, thank you. We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for. We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, it’s concept of ekantavada, it’s love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.
I would like to end my statement with a poem by Rabindranath Tagore, it’s a prayer really :
Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high,
Where knowledge is free,
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments,
by narrow domestic walls,
Where words come out from the depth of truth,
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection,
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way,
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit,
Where the mind is led forward by thee,
Into ever-widening thought and action,
Into that heaven of freedom, my father, let my country awake.
Jai Hind.
Aamir Khan.”

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Aamir's remark could have sparked riots. He should apologize to country," demands Om Puri

IndiaTvc36262_ompuriaamirkhan-1.jpg

As Bollywood star Aamir Khan’s intolerance remark drew mixed reactions, veteran actor Om Puri on Wednesday demanded the actor’s apology.

Khan was at the centre of a raging debate after he expressed “alarm and despondency” over the “climate of intolerance” in the country followed by a remark that his wife Kiran had asked him whether they should move out of India.

65-year-old Puri also said that such remarks could incite people against each other.

“He (Aamir) should apologise to the nation for what he said. In fact, if somebody was an ordinary man he would have been arrested for saying these words. You are trying to incite people against each other,” Puri told a TV channel.

Another veteran actor Naseeruddin Shah when asked for his reaction to Aamir’s comments said that he (Shah) is a “proud Indian”.

The 66-year-old actor at the same time said that the film fraternity has voice and that it has responsibility while expressing its views.

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
So Aamir claimed 'India is intolerant' and everyone is bent upon proving him right :p

Ginny

VIP
In a day marked by a flurry of pre-session discussions that ended with Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajans dinner for LS MPs, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dropped by at an all-party meeting called on Wednesday morning by Parliamentary Affairs Minister M. Venkaiah Naidu to say, There are great expectations from Parliament... Lets make it function. But the Opposition made it clear that it intended to press for a resolution to condemn rising intolerance in the country.

But while the first two days of the winter session of Parliament that starts on Thursday may not see disruptions, even though it may see heated debate, as the focus will be on a special discussion on Babasaheb Ambedkar and the Constitution, from next week, it could well head for a washout again unless theres a breakthrough on the Goods and Services Tax Bill.

This is especially so as the Opposition, riding high on the defeat of the BJP in the Bihar poll, will expect a direct reply from the Prime Minister on the issue of intolerance that is unlikely to be forthcoming. On Friday, of course, Mr. Modi is expected to intervene or reply at the end of the Constitution debate, a speech that will be heard with great interest as it could set the tone for the entire session.

BJP to question intellectual honesty of critics

With the winter session of Parliament beginning on Thursday expected to witness a furore over the intolerance issue, the governments views articulated by its Ministers thus far has been that the incidents of violence happened on the watch of non-BJP governments.

To distribute booklets

Indeed, it is learnt that the ruling party will try to question the intellectual honesty of the scholars, historians and artists who have accused it of promoting intolerance not only in its speeches but also by distributing a booklet that was prepared for the Bihar poll entitled: Why the so-called intellectuals were silent then and violent now; its nothing but ideological intolerance.

Ginny

VIP
Actor Aamir Khan, under fire for his remarks on the growing intolerance in the country, said on Wednesday that the values the nation represents should be safeguarded.

In a statement, he said: We have to protect what this beautiful and unique country of ours really stands for. We have to protect its integrity, diversity, inclusiveness, its many languages, its culture, its history, its tolerance, its concept of ekantavada, its love, sensitivity and its emotional strength.

While the BJP accused him of being misled, the Shiv Sena charged him with speaking in a language of treachery.

Describing him as Ranchhoddas, a character he essayed in 3 Idiots, Sena mouthpiece Saamna attacked the Khan clan in Bollywood.

The Khan community in the film industry speaks of fleeing the country. Let it be known what calamity has befallen them. The film PK which ridiculed Hindu deities garnered hundreds of crores. Was this because the country is intolerant? the editorial asked.

NCP chief Sharad Pawar slammed the criticism published in Saamna and said the tone and tenor of the reactions gave more credence to the actors statement on intolerance.

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Now, a site to slap Aamir Khan

The controversy surrounding Aamir Khan for his wife Kiran Rao's statement on 'intolerance' reached unprecedentedly high proportions. To add to some extreme protests, Shiv Sena also announced Rs 1 lakh to anyone who slaps Aamir.

Now, a couple of students from the Miami Ad School have created a website where you can virtually slap Aamir. The site is named 'Slapaamir.com'. On the website, a hand pops out which allows users to slap an image of the actor. Plus, his face undergoes changes after every slap.

The website became an instant rage. While some logged on to the site for fun, others heavily criticized it on social media.

The makers of the site have added a disclaimer saying, "Slapaamir.com is for humour and creative purposes only and does not represent any political views of the people involved. Please be tolerant of our humor."