A NO-RELIGION World

J@tti

..Majajan..
In a world of no religion, do you think the crime rates would have been lower or higher when compared to the present ones, keeping in mind the riots/terrorism fueled by religious differences.

Some1

Focusing on ________
+ point

no inter-religion fites

- point

religions prohibit ppl from fiting ... they keep the people scared

MitaAnarkali

Punjabi Kuri
This is a very controversial but good subject. I think people should follow a religion for that is part of their individuality but if religion is the main reason for fighting an excuses, then woudn't it be better not to have one? Many religions have been based on many others but have different principles and we learn so much from other religions that its hard to say whether having one or not would be worth it. Everything happens for a reason, maybe religion became the reason of fighting or just another excuse.

pps309

Prime VIP
A no religion world will be moe dangerous.
Now atleast some people do not involve in fights due to fear/respect of religion.

If you talk about riots due to religion, I will see riots is the work of anti-social elements which will be prevailing in society whether you have religion or not.
If you see there will be riots due to different other reasons also, Chennai saw 3 day band when their previous CM was dead (he was some great actor).
Bangalore saw one day burn, arson, looting when their super hit hero Rajkumar died. Worse happened in Andhra Pradesh when NTR died.

Look in west, New Orleans saw arson, looting during the hurricane. It is the anti social elements who just want to use any opprtunity to create turbulance in society.

No-religion world will certanily not be the world of peace.

pink puma

Elite
I must agree with PPS, i dont think a no-religion world would bring down crime rates at all.

The way i see it, if there are no religions, humanity will be bound to create other groups in which to affliate themselves with. Theres no way everyone can just live together in one world with no groups. So if we get rid of religion, people will create other groups of their own. Its a pretty basic fact that all humans want some sort of belonging. If we dont belong to a religious group, we would want a culture of our own, different from others, and homogenizing everyone wouldnt solve a thing.

And like PPS said, we have to look at the aspect of inter-group rivalries, like for example, look at gang rivalries between black americans and the different gangs that exist within the same culture. So i think crime would still be a major factor, regardless of religions or not.

great question though, very interesting :nerd

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Yes definately the crimes would be less....but only the one related to religion...

on the other hand without religion....no social values...which may lead to rise in other crimes...........

Ravan

*****AKA-JATT*****
wellll kuch taan gath ho he ju

je religion da chakkr ne hund te pakistan kyon banada,

why british would use the policey of divide and rule

iraq war and many more

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
religion is def needed, but if i had a choice it wud be colorless, raceless casteless world....but religion is needed to lead u thru life.:w

religion is def needed, but if i had a choice it wud be colorless, raceless casteless world....but religion is needed to lead u thru life.:w

I agree with you didi! Religion tu bina meri life da koi maksad nahi hona. Kam kar, paisa eh sab tan aounda janda rehnda. Te rehi gall pyar di, pyar is a part of life NOT the heart of life. Ehna sab gallan tu ik bohat vaddi cheez/shakti hai. Apne sareyan d maksad ous shakti nu milna hona chahida.

Apaan roz tan Rehrass Sahib vich parh de han:

"Bhae prapat manukh dehoeriya,
Gobind milan ki eho teri bariya,
Avar kaaj tere kite na kaam,
Mil saad sangat bhaj kevel naam"

Guru kirpa kare tuhade sareyan te and you realise that a no-religion world is no world at all. Go to sikhitothemax.org or .com. Google it...it gives all the aarth of bani and shabads in punjabi and english.

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
just a question for all u ppl....the world was safest during the cave age, there was no property, no boundaries, did they follow any religion at that time?? I guess most of the religions came at a latter stage, but again most religions believe that theres only one Immortal Power, if thts true then why are there so many different religions in the world???

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !

Guru kirpa kare tuhade sareyan te and you realise that a no-religion world is no world at all. Go to sikhitothemax.org or .com. Google it...it gives all the aarth of bani and shabads in punjabi and english.

o veere i been using sikhitothemax for the past 5 years, phenomenol site, love it, and i just paged u something, check that too....

baaki as u said baani says
"vaido na vaayi, behno na bhaayi, eko sahayi raam hai".....is layi asli oot ta us raam di hi hai

"main mann tann birhon adh-agla jeon pritam mile ghar aaiyen
ja dekha prabh apna prabh dekhye dukh jaayein
jayie pucha tinna sajjna, prabh it-bidh mile milayee
mere satgura main tujh bin awar na koye
haun murakh mugdh sharnagati kir kirpa mile har soye"

o veere i been using sikhitothemax for the past 5 years, phenomenol site, love it, and i just paged u something, check that too....

baaki as u said baani says
"vaido na vaayi, behno na bhaayi, eko sahayi raam hai".....is layi asli oot ta us raam di hi hai

"main mann tann birhon adh-agla jeon pritam mile ghar aaiyen
ja dekha prabh apna prabh dekhye dukh jaayein
jayie pucha tinna sajjna, prabh it-bidh mile milayee
mere satgura main tujh bin awar na koye
haun murakh mugdh sharnagati kir kirpa mile har soye"

SP: you know what those cave people were luckier than us. they had no materialistic desires (unlike we do) to distract them to unite with the lord.

Nav, god we must have seriously been brother and sister kise pichhle janam vich. ah, kiddan ke kuch gallan/savaah milde julde hun? I love viakhiya! You must start that abandoned thread...naale tusi SP bhaji, ki tusi vi join karo gaye?

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gauree on Pannaa 240. It highlights a world without naam, and hence religion! Sorry about the funny gurmukhi fonts, but your focus should be on the aarth on the third line anyway.

gauVI mhlw 5 ]

gourree mehalaa 5 ||

Gauree, Fifth Mehla:

imlu myry goibMd Apnw nwmu dyhu ]

mil maerae gobi(n)dh apanaa naam dhaehu ||

Meet me, O my Lord of the Universe. Please bless me with Your Name.

nwm ibnw iDRgu iDRgu Asnyhu ]1] rhwau ]

naam binaa dhhrig dhhrig asanaehu ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cursed, cursed is love and intimacy. ||1||Pause||

nwm ibnw jo pihrY Kwie ]

naam binaa jo pehirai khaae ||

Without the Naam, one who dresses and eats well

ijau kUkru jUTn mih pwie ]1]

jio kookar joot(h)an mehi paae ||1||

is like a dog, who falls in and eats impure foods. ||1||

nwm ibnw jyqw ibauhwru ] ijau imrqk imiQAw sIgwru ]2]

naam binaa jaethaa biouhaar || jio mirathak mithhiaa seegaar ||2||

Without the Naam, all occupations are useless, like decorations on a dead body. ||2||

nwmu ibswir kry rs Bog ]

naam bisaar karae ras bhog ||

One who forgets the Naam and indulges in pleasures,

suKu supnY nhI qn mih rog ]3]

sukh supanai nehee than mehi rog ||3||

shall find no peace, even in dreams; his body shall become diseased. ||3||

nwmu iqAwig kry An kwj ]

naam thiaag karae an kaaj ||

One who renounces the Naam and engages in other occupations,

ibnis jwie JUTy siB pwj ]4]

binas jaae jhoot(h)ae sabh paaj ||4||

shall see all of his false pretenses fall away. ||4||

nwm sMig min pRIiq n lwvY ]

naam sa(n)g man preeth n laavai ||

One whose mind does not embrace love for the Naam

koit krm krqo nrik jwvY ]5]

kott karam karatho narak jaavai ||5||

shall go to hell, even though he may perform millions of ceremonial rituals. ||5||

hir kw nwmu ijin min n AwrwDw ]

har kaa naam jin man n aaraadhhaa ||

One whose mind does not contemplate the Name of the Lord

cor kI inAweI jm puir bwDw ]6]

chor kee niaaee jam pur baadhhaa ||6||

is bound like a thief, in the City of Death. ||6||

lwK AfMbr bhuqu ibsQwrw ]

laakh adda(n)bar bahuth bisathhaaraa ||

Hundreds of thousands of ostentatious shows and great expanses

nwm ibnw JUTy pwswrw ]7]

naam binaa jhoot(h)ae paasaaraa ||7||

- without the Naam, all these displays are false. ||7||