A Love Story

J@tti

..Majajan..
The young couple was in the terrace enjoying the cool breeze, and the beautifully rain – laden clouds… She turned to him… Let’s call him Tush… “You know what, I am bored of this life … the schedule … the marriage … you… Life has lost its romance … the romance of earlier days …I want an out, Tush … I want an out of this marriage ” Now, the skies didn’t fall, the clouds didn’t burst in thunder and lightning, the earth didn’t open up and swallow him … do be reminded that the breeze was still flowing and the moist droplets were still painting their romantic sketches …

But there was a jarring note… he stubbed out his cigarette… put aside the coffee mug… and stared at the skies, perhaps with a silent prayer to God … “There isn’t any other guy, Tush, I assure you… nothing like that. It’s just that Life has become monotonous, and routine, and the promise of our courtship days are no more …It is just that I am missing the fragrance and the romance … that is it… that is the only reason I want an out …I hope you understand”, He was registering those words from somewhere … yes, it was his Sush giving some explanation… but he was numbed …

This is a story of an ordinary couple in an ordinary world, not very unlike us. DINKs, job pressures, hectic mornings, late evenings from office, some fast food fer dinner, either at home or outside, grudging turns at dish washing, a quick hug and then preparing for the office schedules of the next day… Somehow they had forgotten a simple truth … Love your Job, Don’t love your company … Always remember that your family is your source of strength, sacrifice that unit NEVER, for nothing… you will get another job, another boss, and a handsome salary anywhere… but you wouldn’t get that loving, caring wife/ hubby no where else …

Anyway, so one day, the wife, let’s call her Sush … the couple had had a love marriage some three years ago … she had come back home from another hectic day at office …it was yet one of those Saturday … they had gone out for a movie in the evening … “Kal Ho Naa Ho” … she was an avid SRK fan… and they had some exotic sizzlers for dinner …and then they had returned home and were sitting on the terrace and sky-watching...

“I hope you understand”, she repeated. Trying his utmost, he looked at her, straight in her eyes … unable to control his tears, and said, “ What would you want me to do to bring back the romance in our relationship? What do wish? Anything, just tell that to me, honey.”

She thought fer a moment, and said,” There is a rare flower on top of those hills you see yonder over there. Suppose I want that. But the task is impossible without an imminent risk to your life. You and I know that you may reach there, and get the rare flower, but you would certainly die on your way back... that there is no way you can be alive… Would you do that for me, Tush, Would you get that flower for me?”

He thought hard and long. He finished a cigarette, and then another… Sush was horrified. She was expecting an immediate “Yes Honey, anything for your Love”… but … after an eternity, he said slowly “I will think over it, and tell you tomorrow morning, Sunday morning you’ll receive your answer.”

Sush was stupefied!!! “What the hell!!! I mean, you seriously need THAT much time!!! You HAVE changed, sweet heart. Remember those days? Those bike rides and those promises? Your vows of dying for me?? And now!!!”

But he went to bed. Quietly. Silently. Without a further word. And in the middle of the night, he woke up and finished an entire pack of Milds. He was brooding, reflecting. Finally he made his decision.

In the morning, she found the bed beside her empty. He was not there. She started panicking. Where did he go? His kurta was lying there. She searched the entire house. Nowhere there was a trace of him, his glasses were missing and the pen stand was empty. But the morning chair wasn’t rocking, neither were the morning paper and the kitchen utensils disturbed… She had become frantic by now.

On the study table she finally found his letter. Dated same day, time 4:30 a.m.

“ Dear Love, I thought about your request. I thought hard about it. And I made my decision. I would NOT go to get you the flower, dear. I would not fetch that rare flower for you from over the mountains and die... And I will tell you why…

Becos, I want to be alive to see you each and every day… becos I want to be there when you want to cuddle against my arms and lean against my chest… becos I would want to be there when those pearls flow unceasingly from your eyes…and to kiss them dry… becos I want to kiss you when you are exhausted after your office and its politics … becos I want to take your hand and guide you across the road … becos I want to teach you those games and those fun messages on the computer … becos I want to be there to string Deff Leppard’s “When Love and Hate Collide” and Madonna’s “Frozen” on the guitar on Sunday afternoons… becos I want to be there when you want to get yourself an Ice cream, but can’t decide on the pizza … becos you need me to take you to Music World to listen to that song from a far forgotten film…becos my love, you want to spend the entire night in ISB talking about your past, and about your cousin who committed an unmentionable sin when you were 5… becos you need an audience to chatter away those blues… becos you want to dye your mane to a beautiful mahogany chestnut brown… becos my love, you want to have French toasts on Sundays and Coffee after dinners … becos you like to have chocolate Mousse with café Latte at CCD…

Sush, I wouldn’t die yet… not yet… Who would take care of you when you would be in your 40s? With whom would you grow old dear? Who would you look up to, for support in those times when your ‘dear, old friend from your past’ starts calling you on the cell and you want to avoid taking the call or when he barges into you and starts getting nasty? Whom would you want to share that story about the fight your Mom and Dad had? Who would protect you from strangers who wish to ‘support’ you in those train bogies, dear? And whom would you run to after the day, and ask for a ride across the city with your head cozily resting on his shoulder? And take his glasses and boss him to “drive slow, use the ‘bloody’ indicator, look out for the boy on the road, don’t overtake from the LEFT”. Who would be there to give you a peck after each outburst, my love? And discuss the times when you won those numerous prizes in singing competitions and that ‘Trio’, the “Three Musketeers” from your school and college, and your best friend, Tanaaz. Who would you drive around in our black Scorpeo? And who would you sit with to have bhelpuri by the Lake … the loooooooong Hindi movie you want to see with numerous songs because you feel home- sick and want to get over the blues? And who would you treat with wine and champagne on your B’Days, honey?

Becos Jaanu, I made a promise to you… One of undying Love… because I promised that I would never let you go… that I would be there to share every moment of your sorrow and every breath of joy… that you would never be hurt ever by me… that I will be your punching bag, you can off load and pour all your worries, pain and hurt to me… and … because I LOVE YOU, that is why I wouldn’t die yet…”

The tears in her eyes brimmed over and overflowed. She was holding the piece of letter and crying like a baby. She understood the meaning of love. It is NOT about excitement and romance… THAT is reserved for the college teens and casual flings. Serious life – long love is about an undying commitment to share, to give without expecting anything in return, to live for that someone special, to guide and grow with your love each day. Love is not about exciting romance that is the fate of the teenagers, who profess to “Die for you”, it is the feeling of oneness and a realization that now onwards your destinies are linked together.

The doorbell rang, and she opened it … to find him standing… Waiting for her, as always…
As he had always waited for her by the bus stop, by the coffee table, by the I-Max ticket counter and by parking stands. As always …

neil

W@TNO DOOR
i would like to thank you for the most useful post u ve or anyone ever had posted.................or in other words i ve read.

thanks.

MeHRaM

sadial
i got this 1 last night in my inbox.....and now i found this thread to post it here

U ppl might have read this one....but its sooo heart touchin tht im sending it to u just in case u havent read it before...

A sweet love story.......
Two butterflies were in love.........
One day, they decided to play Hide n Seek.......
During the play.....
Boy Butterfly - " Lets play a small game within us"
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
Boy Butterfly - "The one who sits in this flower tomorrow early in the morning.....that one loves the other one more....."
Girl Butterfly - "OK"
Next morning, the boy butterfly waits for the flower to open so that he can sit before the girl butterfly does......
Finally, the flower opened.....

What did he see.....?????........

The girl butterfly had died inside the flower.....
She stayed there all night......so that early in the morning......as soon as she sees him.......she can fly to him and tell him how much she loved him........
This is true LOVE....

LIVING MIGHT MEAN TAKING CHANCES, BUT THEY ARE WORTH TAKING......
LOVING MIGHT BE A MISTAKE, BUT IT'S WORTH MAKING........