A Daughters Letter...

MAVERICK

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] A mother enters her daughter's bedroom and sees a letter over[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] the bed.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] With the worst premonition, she reads it with trembling hands:[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Dear Mom,[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] eloped with my new boyfriend.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] I found real passion and he is so nice, with all his piercing [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] and tattoos and his big motorcycle.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] But it's not only that mom, I'm pregnant and Ahmed said that we [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] will be very happy in his trailer in the woods. He wants to [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] I've learned that marijuana doesn't hurt anyone and we'll be [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] growing it for us and his friends, who are providing us with all [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] the cocaine and ecstasies we may want. In the meantime, we'll [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] pray for science to find the AIDS cure, for Ahmed to get better, [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] he deserves it.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take [/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] care of myself.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Some day I'll visit for you to know your grandchildren. [/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Your daughter,[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif] Judith[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]PS: Mom, it's not true. I'm at the neighbor's house. I just wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than the report card that's in my desk drawer...Please sign it mom[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] I love you![/FONT]