ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪ ਦੁਹਰਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ

Yaar Punjabi

Prime VIP
ਪੁੱਤ ਖਾੜਕੂ ਤੇਰਾ ਲੜਿਆ ਜ਼ਮੀਨ ਪਿੱਛੇ
ਮਿਹਣਾ ਮਾਰੇ ਨਾ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਕਿਤੇ ਜੱਗ ਮਾਏ
ਰੁਲੇਗੀ ਖ਼ਬਰੇ ਕਿਥੇ ਲਾਸ਼ ਮੇਰੀ
ਨਹੀਂ ਸਿਵਿਆਂ ’ਚ ਵੀ ਮੇਰਾ ਤਾਂ ਅੱਧ ਮਾਏ

If your brave son were to fight over material things, the world would taunt you mother. My dead body will find no shelter, not even in the fires of the crematory.

ਕੌਮੀ ਘਰ ਲਈ ਕਾਫ਼ਲਾ ਲੜ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ
ਲੜਦਿਆਂ ਪਰਿਵਾਰ ਲਈ ਲੱਗਦੀ ਸੰਗ ਮਾਏ
ਇੰਨਾਂ ਗੱਲਾਂ ’ਚ ਨਾਂ ਐਵੇਂ ਉਲਝਾ ਮੈਨੂੰ
ਸਾਡੀ ਤਾਂ ਹਿੰਦ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨਾਲ ਜੰਗ ਮਾਏ

For the home of this nation this band of revolutionaries fights, I would feel selfish and shameful if I fought only for my home. Don't tie me down with these thoughts of materialistic gain for OUR fight is against the tyrants of this land.

ਮੇਰਾ ਫ਼ੈਸਲਾ ਪੱਥਰ ਤੇ ਲੀਕ ਮਾਤਾ
ਭਾਵੇਂ ਅੱਜ ਸੁਣ ਲਏ, ਭਾਵੇਂ ਕੱਲ੍ਹ ਸੁਣ ਲਏ
ਲੜਨਾਂ ਕੌਮ ਖ਼ਾਤਿਰ, ਮਰਨਾ ਕੌਮ ਖ਼ਾਤਿਰ
ਆਪਣੇ ਲਾਲ ਦੇ ਦਿਲ ਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਸੁਣ ਲਏ

My decision is as strong as a line cut into a stone mother, either you can accept it today or you will have to accept it tomorrow. Fighting for the nation...dying for the nation...won't you please listen to the cries of your beloved sons heart.

ਵੇਖਿਆ ਜਾਂਦਾ ਨਹੀਂ ਸਰੋਵਰ ਦਾ ਲਾਲ ਪਾਣੀ
ਪਿਆ ਕੌਮ ਤੇ ਵਖ਼ਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੇਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ
ਵੇਖੀ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਫ਼ਿਜ਼ਾ ਵਿੱਚ ਚੁੱਪ ਪਸਰੀ
ਖੰਡਰ ਹੋਇਆ ਤਖ਼ਤ ਨਹੀਂ ਵੇਖ ਹੁੰਦਾ

I can't stand to look at the blood red waters of Harimandirs sarovar and nor can I stand helpless in these tough times. I can't stand to see the breeze of silence floating in our homes and not can I even look upon the destruction of our most sacred Takht.

ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਸਰ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਚਲਦੀ ਹਵਾ ਵਿੱਚੋਂ
ਮੈਨੂੰ ਆਉਂਦੀ ਬਾਰੂਦ ਦੀ ਬੋ ਮਾਏ
ਵਿੱਚ ਚੁੱਲ੍ਹੇ ਤੂੰ ਬਾਲਦੀ ਅੱਗ ਜਿਹੜੀ
ਲੱਗਦੀ ਸ਼ਹੀਦਾਂ ਦੇ ਸਿਵਿਆਂ ਦੀ ਲੋਅ ਮਾਏ

Te winds that flow in from Amritsar, to me it carries the stench of gunpowder mother, the fire that burns in the homes of Punjab, to me it looks like the burning flames of light from the funeral pyres of our martyrs.

ਵੇਖ ਵੈਰੀਆਂ ਕੁਫ਼ਰ ਦੀ ਹੱਦ ਕੀਤੀ
ਸ਼ਰੇਆਮ ਅੱਜ ਇੱਜ਼ਤਾਂ ਵੰਗਾਰਦੇ ਨੇ
ਅਸੀਂ ਜਿੰਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਰਾਖੀ ਲਈ ਸਿਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ
ਪੱਗਾਂ ਸਿਰਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਅੱਜ ਉਤਾਰਦੇ ਨੇ

Look, the mentality of the oppressor has gone so far to attack the honor of our nation and its women in broad daylight, we gave our heads for the protection of those that today our removing our turbans from our heads.

ਮੈਨੂੰ ਪਤਾ ਏ ਝੋਰਾ ਜੋ ਤੂੰ ਲਾਇਆ
ਫ਼ਿਕਰ ਵੱਢ ਕੇ ਤੈਨੂੰ ਜੋ ਖਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ
ਬੁੱਢੇ ਬਾਪੂ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਦੇਵੀਂ ਹੌਸਲਾ ਤੂੰ
ਪੁੱਤਰ ਛਮਾਂ ਤੋਂ ਸੜ੍ਹਨ ਲਈ ਜਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ

I know what you're thinking and I know the worry you have for me is eating away at you, you must be strong and reassure my old father that your son is walking a path with only one end.

ਉਹਨਾਂ ਜੱਗ ਤੇ ਜਿਉਂਕੇ ਮਾਏ ਕੀ ਲੈਣਾ
ਮੁਕਾਮ ਮੌਤ ਤੋਂ ਪਰ੍ਹੇ ਜੋ ਮਿੱਥ ਲੈਂਦੇ
ਬਹਾਨੇ ਮਰਨ ਦੇ ਸੂਰਮੇ ਲੱਭਦੇ ਨੇ
ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੇ ਸ਼ਹੀਦ ਤੇ ਅਮਰ ਰਹਿੰਦੇ

Why should I feel the need to continue my life as is if it means that my actions and thoughts are controlled by the fear of death, the brave and valiant look for excuses to prove sacrifice themselves and in death they live forever.

ਚਾਰੇ ਲਾਲ ਉਹਨੇ ਧਰਮ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਰ ਦਿੱਤੇ
ਤੂੰ ਵੀ ਕਰਦੇ ਅੱਜ ਇੱਕ ਅਹਿਸਾਨ ਮਾਏ
ਜੇ ਨਾਂ ਲੜਿਆ ਮੈਂ ਅਜੀਤ ਜੁਝਾਰ ਵਾਂਗੂੰ
ਬਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਵਾਲੇ ਦੀ ਕੀ ਸੰਤਾਨ ਮਾਏ

Like He who sacrificed his 4 sons you too should grant this favor to the nation mother, If I don't fight like Ajit or Jujhar, how can I be looked upon as the son of the Guru.

ਭਾਣੇ ਰੱਬ ਦੇ ਰਹਿਕੇ ਤੂੰ ਦਿਨ ਕੱਟੀਂ
ਕੱਚੇ ਕੋਠਿਆਂ ਦਾ ਪਾਵੀਂ ਨਾ ਵਾਸਤਾ
ਤੂੰਜੇ ਕਦੇ ਮਮਤਾ ਦੀ ਕਾਲਜੇ ਹੂਕ ਉਠੇ
ਸੁਣ ਲਈਂ ਮੰਨੂ ਦੀ ਜੇਲ੍ਹ ਦੀ ਦਾਸਤਾ ਤੂੰ

You should live knowing the will of the Divine is the Divine's alone and the broken homes I leave behind are a part of that, and if ever your motherhood screams out at you over me just remember an listen to the singing Sikh mothers in Mir Mannu's prisons.

ਨਾਲ ਧਿਆਨ ਦੇ ਬਹਿਕੇ ਸੁਣ ਤਾਂ ਸਹੀ
ਵਾਜ਼ਾਂ ਮਾਰਦੀ ਸਰਹੰਦ ਦੀ ਕੰਧ ਮਾਏ
ਇਤਿਹਾਸ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪ ਦੁਹਰਾ ਰਿਹਾ ਏ
ਤਵਾਰੀਖ਼ ਕਰਦੀ ਸਿਰਾਂ ਦੀ ਮੰਗ ਮਾਏ

In a conscious state stop and listen for a second and you will hear the walls of Sarhand call for me, history is taking its course mother and these times are asking me to sacrifice everything for the sake of others.

I found this poem online...in Gurmukhi/Punjabi it is loaded with emotion and I have translated not literally but rather from my own perspective of what feelings are being expressed by this son to his mother.

It has nothing to do with whether someone accepts an individual or a movement, but rather it shows the human side of an individual who is being pushed to leave his home and family for the reasons he/she would only know. It takes us down this path of looking beyond the actions of 1 individual or 1 group and using that as a basis to discredit the aspirations of an entire nation.

The ideology and substance behind an idea or concept of sovereignty cannot be weighed by the means some members of that movement feel are justified in achieving it. We are all human and when we are able to place ourselves in the situation of others we begin to see beyond the surface level.

The corruption that drives us against one another and the use of communal politics in especially 3rd world countries where minorities are "marketed" as traitors and aligned to anti-national elements so their subsequent murder, rape and genocide is condoned or swept under the rug...the poverty caused by exploitation of a land and nation by those that already have too much and forcing them to defend themselves and their way of life by whatever means necessary...the helplessness in the homes or the downtrodden and oppressed that leaves them no room to advance within society and in turn makes them a target for discrimination, violence, murder and rape.

I am not sure what to wish my friends, family and the world in 2013...but it will never be negative. Where the corrupt and oppressive exist, so must we as the voices of reason and humanity. We will not leave them unchecked and no matter the odds we will engage them in the forum of their choice.

If we all as symbols of humanity are aware and educated about what happens locally in our communities, nationally in our countries and internationally in our world, we will succeed.

We cannot continue to beg for our rights as free human beings, we must find ways to take them for they are rightfully ours to begin with.

May 2013 see the world become a better place for all, but for that to happen we all will have to champion humanitarian causes at every level and not sit idle as we cannot afford to stay quiet any longer.