1984 Sikh Riots

Manpreet Singh Kohli

Manpreet Rulez
Two Decades And One Thought....

It’s been 21 years since the capital saw the 1984 “Anti Sikh” riots in the capital. The so called metropolitan city and one of the most modern cities of India was burning in pain. People who happen to survive the partitioning 50 years back were once again a part of extreme brutality in a more grotesque manner in 1984. The Sikh families in Delhi must have felt like refugees in their own country. Thousands of Sikhs had to suffer because of a single wrong action taken by a Sikh body-guard, who killed Ms. Indira Gandhi.
Every action added one on to the other. Today most of us are least bothered about what happened 20 years back, probably because none of our dear ones suffered with the terror in 1984 but can we forget people like Rishpal Singh, who lost his entire paternal side during the 1984 riots. Hundreds of Sardars were pulled out from the narrow lanes of Gumti area and set to fire in front of their shrieking women and yelling kids. Not even a single person came for their help. In fact the Sikh boys who use to play with colourful turbans had chopped off their hair just to escape death. Still 4000 thousand people were murdered in three days, some were simply butchered others were killed by putting a burning tier down till their waist. No one of us can feel that pain. Few know that it is impossible to take that burning tyre out of your body.
When all this was going on, according to eye-witnesses and police records, the first priority of police officers was to disarm Sikhs, even though it was they who were under attack.
There was an incident where a Sikh Jawan was pulled down from train, his turban was kicked and he was stabbed in chest. Yet this country, till date, relies on the Sikh regiment whenever a major operation is requested against emergency. It’s because these people are strength of our country, and they will always be. These are people who were targeted during the riots, these were the one who were killed during the black period, these were the people who were asking for help from us to save their lives but then these are people who send their sons to borders to fight for us. They are alert there, so that we can sleep here.
Today, after 20 years, when the Prime Minister of India has announced compensation for the riot victims, I don’t think that this will solve the issue. This exercise is just to hide the brutal act done by the government. The money given can definitely be a sign of relief to the people who have been fighting for justice for past 20 years. But how can that money be justified against the brutal act done by the senior leaders like Jagdish tytler of the congress party and the famous shameful explanation given by Late Mr. Rajiv Gandhi, “When a mighty tree falls, the earth is bound to shake”

Now I guess we should take a lesson from past and should take care of a fact that what all happened 20 years back, should not happen again

WJKK WJKF

veer ji very nice thought but I am going to quote you wrong here

Manpreet Singh Kohli said:
Thousands of Sikhs had to suffer because of a single wrong action taken by a Sikh body-guard, who killed Ms. Indira Gandhi.

veer ji, as you said this country relies on sikh regiment whenever there is an emergency. Do you know those body-guards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh were also from sikh regiment?

when India needs help they ask Sikhs. but what shall sikhs do when they need help?

Scarifices made by sikhs for this country are far more than any other community. what we get in return ? attack on sikhs most holy shirne?

People cant even tolerate when a window pane of their house is broken by somebody. But here they attacked on our most religious place brother. Maybe you can tolerate that but I cant. Satwant Singh and Beant wasnt able to. Indira Gandhi made a mistake and she paid a price for it.

When sikh regiment men fight for India, you people say BRAVO but when same sikh regiment men fight for themself you call them terriorist?

Please refrain from saying that action of these freedom fighters were wrong. They sacrifice everything, even thier lifes, for whom? for you and for me, so that in future people will think twice before making such mistake.

"Sura So Pehchaaniye, Jo Larreh Din Ke Hett, Purja Purja Katt Marreh, Kabho Naw Shaade Khet"

Janpreet Singh

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
it wasnt coz of one sikh.........there was so much more going on for what that one sikh had to take that action...............

I am gonna say quiet here, we have had these discussions before.......sikh odo vi identity layi larde san te hunn vi......ajj di date ch vi nahi mileya jis layi odo larde si......bass farak eh hai ki hunn asi chupp karke baith gaye haan, ajj mera veer koi sikh uth ke fer ohi manga karke dekh lao, dobaara ohi sab shuru ho jau, agleya chakk chakk ja ta maar dene te ja jaila ch sutt dene......

Angel_Eyes said:
it wasnt coz of one sikh.........there was so much more going on for what that one sikh had to take that action...............

I am gonna say quiet here, we have had these discussions before.......sikh odo vi identity layi larde san te hunn vi......ajj di date ch vi nahi mileya jis layi odo larde si......bass farak eh hai ki hunn asi chupp karke baith gaye haan, ajj mera veer koi sikh uth ke fer ohi manga karke dekh lao, dobaara ohi sab shuru ho jau, agleya chakk chakk ja ta maar dene te ja jaila ch sutt dene......
bhen ji

mein koi mang nahi karda, naw hi saanu karni chahidi aa....

bass saanu ohnna di kurbaani nahi bhulni nahi chahidi.... ohnna nu manda nahi kehna chahida.....

jadd jadd assi ithaas nu bhulle haan, ithaas fer reapeat hoya aa.....eh pehli waar darbaar sahib te attack nahi hoya si.... pehle vi bahut waar ho chukkeya aa...... history parro harmindir sahib di.....

je assi fer bhul gaye, saade naal ki hoya hai ....... i am sure it gonna happen again, be together be united..... nobdy shall think they can mess with us and can get away with it

WJKK WJKF!

J@tti

..Majajan..
Janpreet Singh said:
People cant even tolerate when a window pane of their house is broken by somebody. But here they attacked on our most religious place brother. Maybe you can tolerate that but I cant. Satwant Singh and Beant wasnt able to. Indira Gandhi made a mistake and she paid a price for it.

"Sura So Pehchaaniye, Jo Larreh Din Ke Hett, Purja Purja Katt Marreh, Kabho Naw Shaade Khet"

Janpreet Singh

You know how many people paid for the price Indira Gandhi paid. One act caused the riots, I 'm not saying she was right but were the guards right? They might not have foreseen what their act was going to cause, but now you know the history, do you still consider it a right deicision?

MAVERICK

**The Ominous** said:
rolf rolf rolf tun even hi bai di bhen banai ja. Pawen frnd hi howe usdi rolf rolf rolf

veerji naalon tan shayad bhenji zyada teek hai
vaise je friend hundi tan us nu pata hunda ke oh munda nahin kudi hai
baiji tusi vi eho jehi gallan karan lagg paye je

Manpreet Singh Kohli

Manpreet Rulez
Janpreet Singh said:
WJKK WJKF

veer ji very nice thought but I am going to quote you wrong here

veer ji, as you said this country relies on sikh regiment whenever there is an emergency. Do you know those body-guards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh were also from sikh regiment?

when India needs help they ask Sikhs. but what shall sikhs do when they need help?

Scarifices made by sikhs for this country are far more than any other community. what we get in return ? attack on sikhs most holy shirne?

When sikh regiment men fight for India, you people say BRAVO but when same sikh regiment men fight for themself you call them terriorist?

Please refrain from saying that action of these freedom fighters were wrong. They sacrifice everything, even thier lifes, for whom? for you and for me, so that in future people will think twice before making such mistake.

Janpreet Singh
Janpreet Singh ji.. after reading all the posts.. i dont think anything is left for me to say.. but your saying "Maybe you can tolerate..." is not at all acceptable.. i ll appreciate your reconsideration of this particular statement.. and kuchh karan ton pehlan.. agge di sochna vi jaroori hunda hai.. that bodyguard did not envision the unforeseen consequences to come ahead.. i dont think this was the only solution.. regards..

Angel_Eyes

Done Deal !
**The Ominous** said:
rolf rolf rolf tun even hi bai di bhen banai ja. Pawen frnd hi howe usdi rolf rolf rolf

juttiya fero gagan de te aah neele rang vaali job to thalle lao ehnu..........:crack :dfm :pd :fite :2g :2g :2g :hit :hit :saw :slap :slap

J@tti said:
You know how many people paid for the price Indira Gandhi paid. One act caused the riots, I 'm not saying she was right but were the guards right? They might not have foreseen what their act was going to cause, but now you know the history, do you still consider it a right deicision?

Biba ji

you know why Khalsa Panth was decorated by Guru Gobind Singh Ji? Lets imagine, Dashmesh ji never formed khalsa panth.

je eddan hunda taan kisse sikh nu koi kurbaaniya deni naw pendi, jung naw larni pendi. aapne dharam di rakhiya, gareeban di rakhiya naw karni pendi. Shastar, kerpaan, khande chakk ke zulmaa de khilaaf jujan di lorr naw pendi. Hazaaro sikh naw maare jaande. Kinniya jaana bach jaaniya si.

Biba ji tussi dasso hun, do you still consider guru ji's decision of forming khalsa panth was a right decision?

Jadd guru sahib ji de vehle zulaam hoye, ohnna ne Sant Sipaahi saaje. Ohnna nu pata si, mughlan naal vair saari sikh koum layi bhaari pave gi. je oh eh soochde mere sikh shaheed oh jaan ge, katal ho jaan ge, maar ditte jaan ge taan biba ji mein te tussi aaj muslmaan hunde. aapna dharam ghwaaa baithe hunde.

Guru ji ne aapne nikke nikke bache vaar te, aapni mata aapni pita desh kaum layi kurbaan karte. Aap shaheedi de ditti eh sunnan layi ki Singh Singhniya aage jaa ke kurbaaniya den toon darr jaan ge?

ohnna ne saade 4000 sikh shaheedi kitte dilli vich, te aaj baba ji di kirpaa naal sikh dilli vich uss hi tarah khushiyaal ne. fer ki hoya je indian government ne saadi madaad nahi kitti, saanu lorr vi ki hai jadd saada guru sade naal hai.

MAVERICK

Janpreet Singh said:
Biba ji

you know why Khalsa Panth was decorated by Guru Gobind Singh Ji? Lets imagine, Dashmesh ji never formed khalsa panth.

je eddan hunda taan kisse sikh nu koi kurbaaniya deni naw pendi, jung naw larni pendi. aapne dharam di rakhiya, gareeban di rakhiya naw karni pendi. Shastar, kerpaan, khande chakk ke zulmaa de khilaaf jujan di lorr naw pendi. Hazaaro sikh naw maare jaande. Kinniya jaana bach jaaniya si.

Biba ji tussi dasso hun, do you still consider guru ji's decision of forming khalsa panth was a right decision?

Jadd guru sahib ji de vehle zulaam hoye, ohnna ne Sant Sipaahi saaje. Ohnna nu pata si, mughlan naal vair saari sikh koum layi bhaari pave gi. je oh eh soochde mere sikh shaheed oh jaan ge, katal ho jaan ge, maar ditte jaan ge taan biba ji mein te tussi aaj muslmaan hunde. aapna dharam ghwaaa baithe hunde.

Guru ji ne aapne nikke nikke bache vaar te, aapni mata aapni pita desh kaum layi kurbaan karte. Aap shaheedi de ditti eh sunnan layi ki Singh Singhniya aage jaa ke kurbaaniya den toon darr jaan ge?

ohnna ne saade 4000 sikh shaheedi kitte dilli vich, te aaj baba ji di kirpaa naal sikh dilli vich uss hi tarah khushiyaal ne. fer ki hoya je indian government ne saadi madaad nahi kitti, saanu lorr vi ki hai jadd saada guru sade naal hai.

bai u have gone quite a bit OFF TOPIC
she just asked the question "whether the satwant and beant were right ?"
u have taken her to history class
moreover do u think u can compare "GURU GOBIND SINGH" and " satwant and beant"
everyone is of the view that "YES INDRA GANDHI " was wrong
then whats the problem man!!!!
u r just trying to cover both of the bodygaurds.
moreover u might also have read that "GURU GRANTH SAHIB" says that u must perform ur duties with utmost importance.
do u think the bodygaurds have done that??
if u think they were right in doin in what they did then respect others viewpoints too.
u r not always right
dont consider that i m against u.
thanks
regards

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Everyone is advised to be very discrete while posting on such a sensitive issue,
Hatred and generalizing shall not be tolerated.

Manpreet Singh Kohli said:
Janpreet Singh ji.. after reading all the posts.. i dont think anything is left for me to say.. but your saying "Maybe you can tolerate..." is not at all acceptable.. i ll appreciate your reconsideration of this particular statement.. and kuchh karan ton pehlan.. agge di sochna vi jaroori hunda hai.. that bodyguard did not envision the unforeseen consequences to come ahead.. i dont think this was the only solution.. regards..

veer ji

There names are Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, not "that bodyguard"

imagine a situation, gang of people keeps bugging me and my family on daily basis. sumtimes they rob my house, sumtimes they come inside my house n break my valuable items sitting inside my house.

I wasnt resisting against them, cose i was afraid if i raise my voice against them, they will kill me and my family. I let them do wotever they want.

but then one day they came inside my house, they destroyed my home and killed all my family memeber. I was left with nothing.

again if i raise my voice they will kill me and hunt for my relatives? you want me to keep quite. ?

same situation was with every youth of punjab at that time. only difference harmandir sahib was thier home and people killed inside harmandir sahib was thier brother sisters and family memebers. they were left with nuthing.

out of this youth some thought, if we gonna raise voice against them. They will kill remaining sikhs and they got scared n kept quite kept tolerating

but sum youth had enough, they remembered sacrifices made by our gurus. message given by guru ji. Do you remember?

Sant : Saint
Sipahi: Warrior

This is a philosophy and a lifestyle was first endorsed by Guru Hargobind Ji, and later personified in Guru Gobind Singh Ji. This is the idea to be a warrior to protect the weak, and ones ownself in defense. Sikhs were taught to be kind as well as fearless.

and this youth included Satwant Singh and Beant Singh.

veere you can find many answers if you look into history deeply. nothing wrong in going back and refer to what had happened with us in history.

and veer ji i am not comparing Guru ji with Satwant n Beant Singh. They were follower of Guru ji and I am just telling that they followed guru ji.

MAVERICK said:
moreover u might also have read that "GURU GRANTH SAHIB" says that u must perform ur duties with utmost importance.
do u think the bodygaurds have done that??

bai ji you know Beant Singh was clean shaven guy in sikh regiment? but when he understood duties of sikh, he followed them with utmost importance.

he got baptised after attack on harmandir sahib, amrat shakk leya si, kess lamme karke, dhaari vadda ke, pagg bann ni shuru kar ti si. and for those remaining months of his life, he lived like a true sikh and died like a true sikh.

and satwant singh, he was always a gursikh.

I respect every view point, I am not a hater. I am here to share my views with you people and learn more from you guys in return.