1984 Anti-Sikh planned Genocide!

DBF

Mad

#IncredibleIndi a #Neverforget84

We humbly request EVERY ONE to please read/share this post, we apologise for this VERY LONG post, but we feel ALL should know what happened to the Sikhs of India in 1984.

Please refrain from referring to this very dark period in India's history, as the 1984 Anti-Sikh riots, this was not a riot, it was a planned genocide and should be know as the 1984 Anti-Sikh Genocide!

This is what happened:

Timeline of events

First day - 31st October 1984

9:20 am: Indira Gandhi is shot by Sardar Beant Singh ji and Sardar Satwant Singh ji at her residence, No. 1 Safdarjung Road, for the Attack on Sri Darbar sahib June 1984.

She is then rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

10:50 am: Indira Gandhi dies.

11:00 am: All India Radio listeners learn that the two security guards who shot Indira Gandhi were Sikhs.

4:00 pm: Rajiv Gandhi returns from West Bengal and reaches AIIMS. Stray incidents of attacks in and around that area. Rajiv Gandhi has already by this time spoken to some high ranking congress officials and politicians.

5:30 pm: The motorcade of President Zail Singh, who is returning from a foreign visit, is stoned as it approaches AIIMS.

EVENING of 31st October 1984

URGENT meetings are taking place at a high ranking congress leaders residences in Delhi.

One of those meetings was at 24 Akbar Road, New Delhi attended by members of Parliament and senior members of the Congress party including Jagdish Tytler, Sajjan Kumar, Kamal Nath, Dharam Das Shastri, Vasant Sathe, HKL Bhagat, Lalit Makhen, Arjun Das amongst others

What is being discussed? The planning of a genocide! How to bring in tyres, kerosene oil, iron rods, and have enough transport to mobilise paid hooligans, rapists, murderers from one point to another...how the police are not to intervene, how state media will be used to show inflammatory speeches and scenes.

Congress MP's are ordered to make pacts with known'criminal gangs'in their area's to eliminate Sikh men, rape their women and loot their belongings.

A memo is sent out to ALL Delhi police stations ordering the immediate'stand down'of ALL Sikh police officers till further notice AND for all Sikh police officers equipped with fire arms to return their fire arms to the local police station as of immediate effect.

1000's of photocopies of Voters list are being printed, containing ADDRESSES of Sikh houses and businesses in and around Delhi.

Organised and well equipped gangs of ruffians set out in different directions from AIIMS.

The violence, including violence towards Sikhs and destruction of Sikh properties, spreads.

Rajiv Gandhi is sworn in as the Prime Minister.

Senior advocate and BJP leader Ram Jethmalani, meets Home Minister P.V. Narasimha Rao and urges him to take immediate steps to protect Sikhs from further attacks.

Delhi's Lt. Governor, P.G. Gavai and Police Commissioner, S.C. Tandon, visits some of the affected areas.

Late evening, Delhi transport corporation buses are making their way out of Delhi to surrounding states to pick up paid hooligans/mobs.

NIGHT of 31st October 1984

Meetings are still taking place AND now truck loads of Iron rods and tyres are coming into Delhi from surrounding states.

Trains and tankers full of kerosene oil are also making their way to OLD Delhi.

Jails around Delhi housing the most ruthless criminals are now being emptied of ALL those criminals including murderers and rapists, on the grounds that they can go FREE if they kill Sikh men and rape Sikh women, they are also told they will be paid for every Sikh that is killed and for every Sikh woman that is raped.

Second day - 1st November 1984

Congress party MP Sajjan Kumar and Trade Union leader Lalit Maken handed out 100 rupee notes and bottles of liquor to assailants.

On the morning of 1st November, Sajjan Kumar was seen holding rallies in, at least, the following Delhi neighborhoods; in Palam Colony from 6:30 AM to 7:00 AM, in Kiran Gardens from 8:00 AM to 8:30 AM, and in Sultanpuri from around 8:30 AM to 9:00 AM.

In Kiran Gardens at 8:00 AM, Sajjan Kumar was seen distributing iron rods from a parked truck to a group of 120 people and instructing them to"attack Sikhs, kill them, and loot and burn their properties"

The FIRST killing of a Sikh occurs in east Delhi.

Armed mobs with guns lead the way.

9:00 am: Armed mobs take over the streets of Delhi and launch a massacre.
Among the first targets are Gurdwaras.

Sikhs seen in cars, public transport, including buses and trains are being dragged out...Sikh men are being beaten with rods and tyres are being placed around their necks...doused with kerosene oil..they are being set a light!

Before they are being burnt they are pinned down and their hair and beards are being forcibly cut off.

120 Sikhs working at the Bokaro Steel Plant Jharkhand thrown alive into burning furnaces.

In Agartala, Tripura 40 Sikh families who took refuge in a police station to save their lives were burnt alive in the police station.

In Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh 12 Sikhs were hanged from the ceiling at the railway platform.

Sikh women are being gang raped, beaten...stripp ed naked they sit next to the burning bodies of their husbands, brothers, sons.

40-50 Sikh girls are kidnapped and taken to a Chilla village where they are raped for 7 days!!
Sikh belongings are being looted, their homes and business set alight.

The police refuse to help or intervene.
In some cases, the Police actually assist the mobs by disarming Sikhs so they could attack them.

The worst affected areas are low income colonies like Trilokpuri, Shahdara, geeta colony,Mongolpu ri, Sultanpuri and Palam Colony.

100's of Gurdwara are being burnt, Shiri Guru Granth Sahib ji de saroop are being set alight...Wahegu ru.

This scene is being replicated in others parts of India.

The state media show looped video clips of Amitabh Bachchan raising slogans like"Khoon ka badla khoon"(blood for blood) and"Khoon ke chintey sikhon ke ghar tak pahunchni chahiye"(Splashes of blood should reach the doorsteps of Sikhs).

Third day -2nd November 1984

A repeat of 1st November.

And

A curfew is announced throughout Delhi, but is not enforced.

The Army deployed throughout Delhi too but ineffective because the police did not co-operate with soldiers (who are not allowed to open fire without the consent of senior police officers and executive magistrates).

The killings, rapes and looting continue.

Fourth day -3rd November 1984

Massacre continues.

By late evening, the national Army and local police units work together to subdue the violence.

After law enforcement intervention, violence is comparatively mild and sporadic.

In Delhi the dead bodies of the victims were taken to All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi and Civil Hospital Mortuary Tis hazari, Delhi.

It is now believed that 30,000 plus Sikhs Perished throughout India during these 4 days of State Sponsored Massacre.

100's of Sikh women listed missing / unaccounted for.

100's of young children missing / unaccounted for.

We NOW ask you to please help raise awareness of this massacre, so the remaining culprits that are STILL alive are brought to account.

In memory of the 30,000 that perished we say Waheguru.

For more information and detailed account go to:

http://www.ensaaf.org/

Sikhs For Justice | KNOW THE FACTS

http://www.neverforget84.com/history/1984-delhi-massacres

http://www.1984tribute.com/Delhi%20Genocide.html

Buy and read the book'I ACCUSE'by Jarnail Singh and or
When A Tree Shook Delhi by Manoj Mitta and H.S. Phoolka or Indian Government-orga nised the Carnage,"Nov. 1984"by Gurcharan Singh Babbar

Please note that this picture although not from 1st November 1984, still'REMINDS'us, off HOW 1000's of Sikhs were horrifically killed in the 1984 Anti-Sikh Genocide.

News Source: Freedom of Speech and Expression (http://on.fb.me/1a2KZzu)

tomarnidhi

Memoirs of someone from the net

My whole body starts trembling whenever I recall those days. It was the 1st of November, 1984 the day after the Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi was brutally killed by four Sikh ¿extremist¿ who were her bodyguards too.

We were having evening tea in our house situated in a rural area of Delhi called Narela. Suddenly somebody knocked at the door. My father went to see who it was and found that it was his friend Abbas Ali who had come to inform us that a cluster of around 200 "fanatics" was marching towards our house and they had already set fire to and looted two Sikh houses in our locality and were on the way to our house.

We had very little time to react, we decided to lock the house, and went to one of our neighbor's house to hide us.

As a six-year-old child, I could not understand what was going on and why.

My father and my uncle had to cut their hair so that nobody could identify them as Sikh. My brother and I were forced to dress up like girls and had to tie up our hairs as girls do, just to hide our identity as Sikh children.

After half an hour, we heard that our house had been looted and it was on fire. None of us could sleep that night.

The next day all of us went to see our house and the only thing we saw were ashes all around - nothing was left.

The atmosphere was still very hot in the city and we were not secure.

At around 10:30 in the morning on the 2nd of November, a police van came and they took us to the police station and from there we were shifted to a riot victim camp.

There we met so many of our relatives who had also lost everything. In fact, some of them had lost their loved ones too.

We stayed in the camp for around a week and when the atmosphere in the city became calm, we were shifted to our localities.

We stayed at our neighbor's house for around a month. Everybody from our colony used to invite us for breakfast, lunch or dinner and a month passed like that.

Since my father and my uncle were both in government service, they got government accommodation on riot victim grounds and we shifted to Timarpur, a state government colony. But those who were not in government services had to renovate their houses.

Can anyone imagine the amount of compensation we got from the government? It was Rs. 5000!

Now after 20 years, we have again managed to get our own house in Delhi, but still I cannot feel secure because incidents like the '84 riots are very common in India.

That time it was the Sikh community which was the target and recently something very similar, or I should say something worse than, the '84 riots happened with Muslims in Gujarat.

For me, the major causes behind these communal riots are poverty, jealousy (it is clear that the attacks on the Sikhs had less to do with love for Indira Gandhi and more to do with resentment against them because they were a well-to-do community in Delhi), and the lack of independent thinking, which allows politicians to manipulate religion and fool people into thinking that killing other people serves their religion.

What the '84 riots taught me is my own precarious position in the Indian nation but also the shallowness of identity and politics in the subcontinent and in human nature.

Inderbir Singh Duggal, India

tomarnidhi

excerpt from another memoir

Mrs Gandhi was cremated, and they could have done it a lot sooner. Everyone it would appear was milking the situation for all it was worth. DD of course had nothing else to show. When the cremation was broadcast, we watched it in the common room and several students cried. I was quite surprised. Yes, it was a poignant moment but should it have claimed so many other lives in its wake?

But hats off to the Sikhs. Within days, the looted shops were back in business. And this community which has lost so much, repeatedly in history, had to build itself afresh. But there were several signs that life had been embittered. The cheerful smiles and larger than life welcomes were gone. There was sullen resentment but life had to go on. We could no longer use the telephone at the juice shop. College came back to normal after a week. A bearded professor now came clean shaven. He had been attacked on the assumption that he was a Sikh. He was never the same man again. Two students never came back to college. I have always wondered what happened to them. I think it was Rajiv Gandhi who rather callously said that the riots were only to expected for when a mighty oak falls, the ground will rattle. But what of those for whom it was the end of the world?

Remembering 31st October 1984 | Madras Heritage and Carnatic Music

Royal Singh

Prime VIP
Wth? Apology for my wording but this made me anger & upset after reading whole thread. If this was the reality culprits need to be hanged but nothing can happened :(

Reactions: DBF
The Thing which makes me sad is that People say forget the past.....But aha gal Sikh kaum kade nai bhula sakdi....Bohat Sikh v kehnde sune bhulo aghe vadho....Jehde Sikh aha gal bolde ne...Ohna Da Zameer mar chuka hai......Ik Sacha Sikh 1984 Nu kade nai bhulah sakda.....Nd Sikhs are seprate community,Differnt from Hindus..We have not orignated from Hindus....