18-year-old sues parents for sharing embarrassing childhood photos on Facebook

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
An 18-year-old girl is suing her parents for posting her photos on Facebook, without her consent.
The teenager, who has not been named, says her parents have made her life 'miserable' by constantly posting photos of her. She claims her parents have shared 500 images of her since 2009, with their 700 friends, says a report in Austrian daily The Local.
Michael Rami, the teenager's lawyer, believes she has a good chance of winning in court. He says that if they prove that the images have violated her rights to a personal life, her parents may lose the case.
"They knew no shame and no limit - and didn’t care whether it was a picture of me sitting on the toilet or lying naked in my cot - every stage was photographed and then made public,� the 18-year-old said.

Giraffe Party @readysteadystop
I keep telling y'all to respect your kids' privacy.

Maybe now you'll listen? http://fb.me/2YGZK2gFm
2:34 AM - 15 Sep 2016

She says she sued her parents after they refused to delete the photos, despite her requests. "I'm tired of not being taken seriously by my parents," she told The Local.

The girl's father, meanwhile, believes that since he took the photos, he has the right to publish them.
This is a first case of its kind case in Austria, but a similar case was reported from France in March this year. France, and even Germany, have tightened their online privacy laws in recent years, urging parents to avoid sharing pictures of their children on social media.

According to Rami, based on similar cases abroad, the parents might have to pay some financial compensation for her pain and suffering, and will also be liable for her legal costs. The case will be heard in November.
In France, anyone (even parents) convicted of publishing and distributing images of another person without their consent can face up to one year in prison and a fine of up to Euro 45,000.