DPX Review - DJ Dips - Stand Up Vol. 1

DJ Dips - Stand Up Vol. 1
(The Dholsparx Review)
Release Date: February 20th, 2009 (Itunes)
February 25th, 2009 (Official CD Release Date)

Ok so the CD kicks off with the song every punjabi in the world is talking about. Gerra De De is the happening track right here right now. With Sunil Kalyan laying out the dholki percussion, Lehmber, Kaka & Miss Pooja on the vocals, it's a production that's already created history! This is the kind of song the Bhangra scene needs! Definately one of the best songs of 2009!

Track 2 is Nagin by G Sharmila & MC Rax. As a typically hip-folk track that has the normal G Sharmila flavour, it fails to succeed with dull (and overused) beats. Definately not one of the highs on the CD. :n

Next up is the song that, apparently, got the attention of several people towards the DJ Dips CD, Gal Sun. With rising artist Sanj V on the vocals, it's a total disco track that totally doesn't hit my in the heart but, it might actually appeal to those disco lovers.

The 4th track is Pathlo by Sabar Koti. At the beginning, I thought the singer was Saleem I was like :o. Anyways, this is the standard, 'bhangra' track that a lot of music directors use in their CDs. Just like those other songs, this one sucks big time! I mean, what is this?! This isn't even a song! Learn something from this DJ Dips! :crack

The CD excels with track 5, Tere Yaad by Sanj V. Now this is one of the highs on the CD fo sho. The tabla & sarangi comes out all very nice but one thing I don't get... how will this tune make anyone 'Stand Up'? LOL. Anyways, this is a nice beat for those heart-broken folks. :gig

Track 6 is Ek Gerra by the famous Ashok Gill & Team Dips. Now this track is actually quite decent. I love the poppin' & rollin' dhol man! This is like Pathlo x 20 man! Rocking track fo sho!

Next up is Nach Nach by rising UK star (& singer of Rumaal from Ominous DJ's Bas Kar). This is what I call real disco bhangra! That Bhootni Ke track & Gal Sun is nothing compared this phat track! I mean, this is the era of fusion and this is exactly what DJ Dips gives us! Wonderful track!

Now the 8th track is called Ranjha Ranjha by Rafaqat Ali Khan. I don't even know why this song is even on this CD. Seriously, what the heck is this?! This song is a joke man! The sad part is that it's not even making me laugh. >d

Here we go to track 9, which is Daru Peeke Nachda. One word to describe this Kaka track. PHAT. The 'ah ah ah' is getting me into the mood dogz! This track is dope man! Wicked bhangra track! The algozey @ the beginning just had me guessing!

Now the 10th track is Gal Sun (Supastarz Remix). This version is slightly better than the original song itself but it still sucks. I know you should appreciate but seriously... come on. >d

Track 11 is just Nach Nach (Remix). It's the same thing as the original song, except with MC Rax rappin'. Another winner track but listening to the SAME EXACT thing in a CD is just wrong you know. But hey, still a great track. :y

The CD concludes with Tere Yaad (Outro). It's pretty much the instrumental version of Tere Yaad. Decent track but I wouldn't end a CD called 'Stand Up Vol. 1' with a track like this. :haha

Overall, DJ Dips' Stand Up Vol. 1 fails to please. After Gerra De De, I expected much much more than all this garba. Summed in up in 1 word. LAME. Just kidding. DECENT is the right word to use. :p

DHOLSPARX METER: 7.1/10

onlycheema

Banned
Re: DPX Review - DJ Dips - Stand Up Vol.

Now the 8th track is called Ranjha Ranjha by Rafaqat Ali Khan. I don't even know why this song is even on this CD. Seriously, what the heck is this?! This song is a joke man! The sad part is that it's not even making me laugh. >d

Buzz off man........it's the best use of tumbi i have seen in recent times.....not the same melotronic sound tunn tunn tunn.........awesome track simply sung with a real nice flow...the beat drops are proper.....awesome sound engineering on this one....i guess the man proper heard them on Yamaha's NS-10's ....... Anyways chitti kambli laah satt kuriye pehan fakiraan loyi ....go bulle shah. NFAK era Revisited.
'THe CD doesn't suck but you suck proper......go make me a decent track first then come and review tracks.

onlycheema

Banned

Then your views are crap.
Just as you can't go about teaching rocket science the same way you are ignorant about music.

DJ Dips - Stand Up Vol. 1
(The Dholsparx Review)
Release Date: February 20th, 2009 (Itunes)
February 25th, 2009 (Official CD Release Date)

Ok so the CD kicks off with the song every punjabi in the world is talking about. Gerra De De is the happening track right here right now. With Sunil Kalyan laying out the dholki percussion, Lehmber, Kaka & Miss Pooja on the vocals, it's a production that's already created history! This is the kind of song the Bhangra scene needs! Definately one of the best songs of 2009!

Track 2 is Nagin by G Sharmila & MC Rax. As a typically hip-folk track that has the normal G Sharmila flavour, it fails to succeed with dull (and overused) beats. Definately not one of the highs on the CD.

What are you talking abt ??? Its very nice production man !

Next up is the song that, apparently, got the attention of several people towards the DJ Dips CD, Gal Sun. With rising artist Sanj V on the vocals, it's a total disco track that totally doesn't hit my in the heart but, it might actually appeal to those disco lovers.

The 4th track is Pathlo by Sabar Koti. At the beginning, I thought the singer was Saleem I was like :o. Anyways, this is the standard, 'bhangra' track that a lot of music directors use in their CDs. Just like those other songs, this one sucks big time! I mean, what is this?! This isn't even a song! Learn something from this DJ Dips! :crack

You cant say its not even a song , dude he's put some effort into it atleast appreciate that even if the song doesnt hit ur ears.

The CD excels with track 5, Tere Yaad by Sanj V. Now this is one of the highs on the CD fo sho. The tabla & sarangi comes out all very nice but one thing I don't get... how will this tune make anyone 'Stand Up'? LOL. Anyways, this is a nice beat for those heart-broken folks. :gig

Did any song ever made anyone stand up?

Track 6 is Ek Gerra by the famous Ashok Gill & Team Dips. Now this track is actually quite decent. I love the poppin' & rollin' dhol man! This is like Pathlo x 20 man! Rocking track fo sho!

Next up is Nach Nach by rising UK star (& singer of Rumaal from Ominous DJ's Bas Kar). This is what I call real disco bhangra! That Bhootni Ke track & Gal Sun is nothing compared this phat track! I mean, this is the era of fusion and this is exactly what DJ Dips gives us! Wonderful track!

Its decent track man , nice kicks

Here we go to track 9, which is Daru Peeke Nachda. One word to describe this Kaka track. PHAT. The 'ah ah ah' is getting me into the mood dogz! This track is dope man! Wicked bhangra track! The algozey @ the beginning just had me guessing!

Now the 10th track is Gal Sun (Supastarz Remix). This version is slightly better than the original song itself but it still sucks. I know you should appreciate but seriously... come on. >d

Track 11 is just Nach Nach (Remix). It's the same thing as the original song, except with MC Rax rappin'. Another winner track but listening to the SAME EXACT thing in a CD is just wrong you know. But hey, still a great track. :y

The CD concludes with Tere Yaad (Outro). It's pretty much the instrumental version of Tere Yaad. Decent track but I wouldn't end a CD called 'Stand Up Vol. 1' with a track like this. :haha

Overall, DJ Dips' Stand Up Vol. 1 fails to please. After Gerra De De, I expected much much more than all this garba. Summed in up in 1 word. LAME. Just kidding. DECENT is the right word to use. :p

DHOLSPARX METER: 7.1/10
hmmmmmmmmmmm

in my opinion sanjay this album should get a 5 or 6

and as for the Daru Peeke Nachda track .. the whole thing was done by dj gurps?? y is it on dips album ?? did Dips hold Gurps hand when he was makin the track

bhahahhaha

majicdesi

tumbi wadia lagi es song ch bt song 2-3 lines repeated use kari janda.... hes a gud singer rafaqat ..no hatred.. cheers to artists...the album stamd up to its title... and Sanj V got killer vocals..this guy has prove that he is versatile and can sing club bangers.. and sad song
cheers and respect to the artists involved

Peace

onlycheema

Banned

tumbi wadia lagi es song ch bt song 2-3 lines repeated use kari janda.... hes a gud singer rafaqat ..no hatred.. cheers to artists...the album stamd up to its title... and Sanj V got killer vocals..this guy has prove that he is versatile and can sing club bangers.. and sad song
cheers and respect to the artists involved

Peace

Yeah i also felt the same two lines being repeated but on the other hand i also liked how he replaced "hor khyaal na koi" by "GAIR khyaal naa koi" i dunno i just liked this bit.
Yes Sanj V has got good vocals.....exactly cheers to the artists involved they are what keeping this industry going.......i did not buy the CD and so got no rights whatsoever to criticise it however it may sound....it's free and it has got good tunes on it.....like with PBN he has same dhol loop going on for 3 years in all his albums but his CD is not bad.....it does it's own thing it's not garbage . It maybe ghost produced but i think like old school the more you skin a hair the more you dislike it.

Yeh I see why you're saying that @ WCD :y It doesn't have that hardcore thing right?

But I agree with vehla. That CD totally lives up to it's title but I definately expected something like DJ H & DJ Rags cause of the album cover font being the same :haha :p

majicdesi

in my opinion sanjay this album should get a 5 or 6

and as for the Daru Peeke Nachda track .. the whole thing was done by dj gurps?? y is it on dips album ?? did Dips hold Gurps hand when he was makin the track

bhahahhaha

Dips said in an interview that he giving Gurps a chance to perform in his album.

y dj gurps name wasnt there on the list . As in serious duets ,Jassi brothers name was there bcuz that was their prodcution

majicdesi

rumours r that its a ghost production by zeus n bhota jagpal..can sm1 explain this