The Lion of Punjab - Diljit and Divya Dutta's Movie

chief

Prime VIP
The Lion of Punjab - Diljit and Divya Dutta's Movie

"I always wanted to make one, contribute towards the Punjabi cinema and my homeland," says Guddu Dhanoa. After making 23 bollywood flicks, Guddu Dhanoa has now decided to make a Punjabi movie, which is a good sign for the Punjabi Film Industry as it will give impetus to Punjabi films.

The Lion of Punjab

Starring: Diljit Dosanjh, Divya Dutta, Pooja Tandon (The Perfect Bride fame), Gurpreet Ghuggi

earlier, Sonu Sood was chosen for the lead role but was replaced by Punjabi singer Diljit Dosanjh, as Dhanoa says "Sonu Sood had to be replaced by Diljit Dosanjh, a Punjabi singer, as for people here only hit singers make hit actors."

The locations for the shoot of this Punjabi films have been finalised and shooting begins soon !!!

chief

Prime VIP

Punjabi Director Guddu Dhanoa is back to his native state Punjab to direct a Punjabi film The Lion of Punjab. On Tuesday evening, he attended the launch of a cinematic portal created by Chandigarh Tourism and ITFT at Chandigarh.

"We concluded the shoot- ing of the film in Patiala today. This film particularly deals with the issues related to Punjabis," he quips. At the same time, he decides not to spill the beans further: "I cannot tell you anything more than this. But whenev- er it will be released, the state government would be forced to pay attention to certain problems."

About the problems, which he faced while shooting, he shares, "We wanted to shoot at Matka Chowk in Chandigarh but we couldn't get the permission. In this region, we do not get junior artistes either," says Dhanoa, who has earlier directed Hindi films like Deewana, Aflatoon, Kismat, Elaan and so on. "I have been directing Hindi films since long. I always wanted to direct Punjabi films but it did not work for me earlier. This time, it clicked," says Dhanoa, who also happens to be Dharmendra's cousin.

"Punjabi cinema isn't com- ing up with films, which can pull the audience," adds Dhanoa. He is also not very comfortable with corporate cinema culture.