Singer Mika makes acting debut with 'Lov

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
Singer Mika makes acting debut with 'Love.com'

New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) Controversial Punjabi pop singer Mika, who sung the chartbuster 'Mauja hi mauja' in 'Jab We Met' last year, is now all set to make his acting debut with 'Love.com'.

Mika will be playing a club owner in the movie that highlights the misuse of Internet by contract killers. The film by first-time director Vinod Mukhi is complete and is scheduled for a September release.

'Yes, Mika is playing the lead in my film. He plays the boss of a club that gradually turns into a hotspot for contract killers. His character sings, dances and has all the fun, but doesn't tolerate any misbehaviour in his bar,' Mukhi told IANS.

In 'Love.com', Mika has sung a hip-hop song. 'The song that Mika has sung is a happening one. I hope the music of my film turns out to be the best,' said Mukhi, who is also the producer of 'Love.com'.

The singer, who courted controversy after kissing item girl Rakhi Sawant at his birthday party in 2006, is paired opposite Telugu actress Mumaid Khan.

'Mumaid plays the role of a club dancer who performs in Mika's club,' the director said.

Commenting on the Mika-Rakhi controversial kiss, Mukhi said: 'After the Rakhi Sawant kiss incident, Mika's image changed to that of a kisser. I feel Mika has a positive attitude towards life and is a happy-go-lucky kind of person. Rakhi has always invited media attention and I don't think Mika was to be blamed for the issue at all.'

Apart from 'Love.com', Mika will also feature in Suniel Shetty's 'Loot' for which he was shooting in Kenya recently.