Rab Ne Bana Di GHAJINI !

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
Rab Ne Bana Di GHAJINI!

Shah Rukh Khan v/s Amir Khan

One movie that delivers an impressive performance by Shah Rukh's is Darr, and the next one would be Devdas. Although, playing the Devdas character was still very close to playing Shah Rukh Khan. For some reason Shah Rukh Khan Movies get difficult to disassociate him from the character that needs to tell the story.
He is an eye-candy for the masses and certainly has charisma to win the heart of the audience; however, it gets monotonous to see him perform stereo-types. May be it's the directors and producers who restrict his delivery…
SRK has delivered very well in some of the blockbusters by Karan & Farah like Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum, Main Hoon Na, Om Shanti Om and few others.
But then how come Amir Khan gets lucky, film after film?
There are numerous films that exhibit Amir Khan in impressive characters, like Ghulam, Dil Chahta Hai, Lagaan, and Rang De Basanti, amongst others.
Perhaps, the subjects that he selects are very strong, intellectual and well-characterized and one of the recent one that won hearts in millions is Tare Zameen Par followed by a masterpiece none other but current blockbuster GHAJINI.
Watching GHAJINI in downtown Toronto on a big screen was an amazing treat for this Christmas. It's a movie that makes me wonder where the camera is... Usually when I take pleasure in any film-direction, I quickly try to locate the camera, for example Slum Dog Millionaire that showcases one of the best cinematography combined with editing and background score.
Ghajini is a 2008 Bollywood film directed by A. R. Murugadoss and produced under the Geetha Arts banner by Allu Aravind. The film was a remake of its Tamil namesake, Ghajini, which was also directed by Muragadoss. The film was inspired from critically acclaimed Hollywood psychological thriller Memento, directed by Christopher Nolan. It starred Aamir Khan and Hindi débutant Asin Thottumkal as the lead pair with Jiah Khan, Pradeep Rawat and Riyaz Khan essaying supporting roles.
The film is a romantic action thriller that explores the life of a once-rich businessman who suffers from anterograde amnesia following a violent encounter. With the aid of Polaroid images and permanent tattoos on his torso, the businessman single-handedly tries to avenge the murder of his vivacious model girlfriend, Kalpana, who was killed shortly before he was also attacked leading to his diagnosis of amnesia.
GHAJINI is an intense story, with excellent performance, mind blowing camera movement and fantastic editing with sound! It gets difficult to figure how the shot is taken (while watching it for the first time) in terms of the camera movement and no doubt, Mr. Ravi K Chandran is considered to be the best cinematographer in the Indian Cinema industry. I completely loved watching Ghajini and the production is fabulus!
I grew up watching Indian cinema and always had one issue with the subject matter that emphasis on "revenge". The darkest side of GHAJINI that bothered me is this story subject and I left the cinema-hall with a mixed feeling. I kept thinking that what a powerful movie and it promotes a negative subject matter. I continued assessing it for a very loooooooong time and questioning Amir's decision for GHAJINI…
Amir Khan is a super hero and a big influential figure for the large population in the villages of India as well as for many in the cities. I continued thinking about how such movies make an impact on the social structure of our community?
Films are the most powerful medium of education and the most influential! I take films seriously and think the same for most audience. Isn't it?
Not that one movie can make a big difference in the OCEAN of those numerous negative serials that epitomize the tiny fraction of women as THE present India. Most of the current TV serials are very disgusting and play a horrendous role in damaging the rich Indian culture.
Oh well, finally, I watched Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi staring our Badshah Khan, today. I sat with very little expectations as SRK movies are mostly chick-flicks.
Guess what? This is a chick-flick too, but it got me all engaged with its subject matter.
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi is also a 2008 Bollywood romantic comedy film directed by Aditya Chopra that stars Shahrukh Khan and newcomer Anushka Sharma in pivotal roles.
Surinder "Suri" Sahni (Shahrukh Khan) is an introverted, responsible and sincere cubicle worker for Punjab Power. Tania "Taani" Gupta (Anushka Sharma) is an extrovert, flamboyant and vivacious, set to get married to the guy she loves. When her fiancée is killed in a bus accident on their wedding day, and her professor father suffers a massive heart attack as a result, Taani's father asks Taani and the visiting Surinder, his longtime favorite student, to marry so that Taani will not be alone after he is gone. The couple agrees, and Taani finds herself in a routine and loveless marriage in Amritsar. Unbeknownst to her, however, Suri had fallen in love with her at first sight, though he remains too shy to tell her.
To escape her mundane marital life, Taani, with Suri's permission, begins participating in a dance class and competitions with the reality television show Dancing Jodi. Surinder, with the help of his childhood friend Balwinder "Bobby" Khosla (Vinay Pathak), a hair-saloon owner, metamorphoses into an alter ego he calls Raj. Raj is a loud, rude, outspoken and fun-loving person. He joins the dance class and by chance — or, as he believes, by divine intervention — becomes Taani's partner in the competition.
Without revealing much about the story, I'll admit that the movie is a brilliantly composed love story. Once again, very powerful script that promotes the philosophy of Love is God and vice versa.
Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, made me think as well and I like that. The movie helped me process GHAJINI.
Ahh…like eureka, I said Rab ne bana di GHAJINI!!
I ran naked in stormy freezing rains of Toronto!!... lol…not!
My faith for Amir's decision for GHAJINI got revived and understood that it that can happen to Suri (from Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi) too.
I missed that aspect of the story, the first time because I was distracted trying to understand its making more then anything…lol…that' s another story of film-makers watching films!
Both Shah Rukh Khan and Amir Khan excellent actors of our Indian Film Industry! Thank you for entertaining usJ

mystique21

SRK plays in his safety zone he knows what type of roles work for him and he keeps playing them over and over again. His role in Swades was different and i guess that was his best performance ever. Aamir on the other hand may not be as popular as SRK but he takes more risks and always tries to do something anti-mainstream, which makes him unique.