Punjab News Gurdas Maan Saab is now Dr. Gurdas Maan

Gurdas Maan, who brought the original flavor of Punjabi Music to a global audience, received doctorate in world music from University of Wolverhampton, UK on September 7 and joined the elite club of Paul McCartney, Bill Cosby and Bob Dylan. “I am both touched and thankful for this recognition and I will continue entertaining my audience like always,” Gurdas Maan said in a press statement.

The School of Sport, Performing Arts and Leisure of the conferred the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Music on 53-year-old Mann in “recognition of his lifelong career in music, promotion of Asian music and traditions and the continual maintenance of his natural talent.”
4620-gurdas-maan-doctrate-degree.jpg

“I am both touched and thankful for this recognition. It is an honor to India and Punjab in general and artists of India in particular. I will continue to entertain my audience as in the past,” Gurdas Mann, who has written over two hundred songs, and produced over thirty albums apart from acting, said after receiving the honor.

“The University is absolutely delighted that Mann found time from his busy international touring schedule to receive the honorary doctorate. Mann”s contribution to music is immense and he is a real inspiration for our students,” John Pymm, Dean of the School of Sport, Performing Arts and Leisure of the University, said. Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul is the Chancellor of the University.
[ame=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uFU_XU2URg&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Honorary award for global star Gurdas Maan