Subedar Joginder Singh (2018) - Gippy Grewal & Aditi Sharma - Punjabi Movie

BaBBu

Prime VIP
sagamusicbringsgippygrewalinandasparamvi-1.jpg

War films, period dramas and larger-than-life stories seem to be the norm of showbiz across languages in India. While Bollywood leads the pack in all three categories, Punjabi cinema doesn't want to be left far behind. Popular Punjabi singer-actor Gippy Grewal, over the next few weeks, will metamorphose into Subedar Joginder Singh for a biopic titled on the martyr's name. The soldier was posthumously awarded the Param Vir Chakra for his extraordinary courage while protecting the Indian soil on the Line of Control during the Sino-Indo war of 1962.

The film, produced by Sumeet Singh of Unisys Infosolutions and Saga Music, will be directed by Simarjit Singh and will go on floors in a month. It will be shot across four-five schedules and will cover Joginder Singh's entire journey — from being a young farmer to a brave martyr who tackled Chinese attacks at Bum La in Tawang.
"I wasn't even aware of this son of our soil till I was offered the biopic," exclaims Gippy, adding, "The script moved me. After the first narration, I decided to read up on him because I felt embarrassed that I didn't know anything about this national hero, who hails from Punjab. After reading all the information about him, I was determined to do the film. It's a challenging role — to begin with, I have to lose 10 kilos and then gain 25 kilos to look the part. Also, it's history that we're delving into; so, we have to be doubly careful about facts and the way we present it. It's a massive responsibility to blend in the right amount of emotions, especially because of the current state of affairs in the sub-continent."
Given the scale of the project, we wonder if it would have been wiser to make the film in Hindi, which would increase its audience base. Producer Sumeet Singh reasons, "These days, a good film in any language works with the audience. We've decided to stick to the languages spoken by the soldiers to make it authentic. For example, there will be sequences where characters will speak in Hindi, English and even some other languages keeping the essence of the situation intact, which is rare in Indian cinema. Apart from that, we've done a thorough location recce to ensure that there's no room for any technical mistakes. We're feeling the pressure as a team, but we're happy that there are expectations from our film and us."
The producer-writer of the film, Rashid, and director Simarjit have spent months reading, researching and meeting the martyr's family and friends across Punjab. The director says, "The subject may be patriotic, but ours is not an out-and-out serious film. Subedar saab had a jovial side to his personality, which will also be highlighted. He was a mast maula, who didn't think twice before sacrificing his life for the country. He had entered the army thinking it would help him earn better for his family, but patriotism took over. The drama is not about the war, it's about the man." The film is slated to release on April 6, 2018.

Last edited:

BaBBu

Prime VIP
Re: Subedar Joginder Singh (2018) - Gippy Grewal - Aditi Sharma - Punjabi Movie

Joginder Singh’s KARGIL SHOOT !

Subedar Joginder Singh, Produced by Saga Music and Seven Color Motion Pictures- a leading production house in Punjab.

Subedar Joginder Singh will be one of a kind biopic on a Gallantry Award Recipient for his Supreme Sacrifice for the nation.

A Film by Simerjit Singh is ready for Kargil Schedule.

Subedar Joginder Singh is a Mixture of Punjabi Tadka, Starring Gippy Grewal, Aditi Singh, Kulwinder Billa, Happy Rai Koti, Charan Singh, Karamjit Anmol, Rajvir Jawanda , Harish Verma and Many More.

Film Releases April, 2018