Android transfer app and data to another phone

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
I need to move an android game (temple run 2) to another android phone along with progress.

I tried titanium backup and helium without success.

any other option ?
@Android

007vivek007

Prime VIP
Staff member
I need to move an android game (temple run 2) to another android phone along with progress.

I tried titanium backup and helium without success.

any other option ?

Here is your solution:
If you are on Android 4.0 or up, you can use the adb backup resp. adb restore command even without rooting your device. The syntax is:

adb backup [-f <file>] [-apk|-noapk] [-shared|-noshared] [-all] [-system|nosystem] [<packages...>]

To do a full backup, this would e.g. mean adb backup –apk –shared –all –f /backup/mybackup.ab (resp. adb restore /backup/mybackup.ab to restore the backup on the new device). But keep in mind this would mean "all-or-nothing" -- you cannot restore single apps this way. So you rather might want to include the package names of the apps to transfer. To find those, e.g. look up the apps on Google Play -- you'll find the package names in the URL (id=<package_name>). Your backup command then would look like:

adb backup –apk –shared –f /backup/mybackup.ab com.foobar.app1 org.foobar.app2 net.foobar.app3

Restore stays the same, as adb restore always restores everything from the backup file (no selection of parts available here).

For a list of available ADB commands, see e.g. here.

Source