Dhoni's return will boost India: Misbah

[JUGRAJ SINGH]

Prime VIP
Staff member
[FLOAT]http://74.86.155.244/di/url/news/fw/520x500/stories/2014/mar/20//prv_c6572_1395311315.jpg[/FLOAT]

Misbah ul Haq, Pakistan's Test and ODI captain does not believe that Pakistan's recent win against India in the Asia Cup would have any effect going into their T20 WC clash.

"I wouldn't read much into India's results in the Asia Cup because T20 is a different format and requires a different approach. Dhoni's return is a big boost for them as he has lot of experience and has led them wisely. He knows how to get the best out of his players," he said.

Heaping more praise on the Indian captain, Misbah emphasised the importance of Dhoni to the Indian team.

"Dhoni is a big stabilising force for India and his return means that Pakistan will have to work much harder to get that win over India tomorrow. I think Pakistan will need to focus a lot more on team work than individual performances to beat India after Dhoni's return," he told reporters in Lahore.

Delving a bit into Pakistan's chances, Misbah sounded optimistic given that the conditions would favour them.

"The good thing is that the conditions in Bangladesh are good for the Pakistani batsmen and they should be comfortable batting first or even chasing.

"Both Australia and West Indies are going to be tough for Pakistan and India in the group stages but the good thing about our team is that once we get going and the confidence flows, Pakistan can beat anyone in the world," he stated.

He might not be a part of the national T20 team right now but Misbah does not harbour any ill will.

"I still enjoying playing T20 cricket and I will continue doing so at the domestic level but from here I can only wish Pakistan team best of luck," he said.