Shahid Kapoor in Kunal Kohli's next

chief

Prime VIP
"I'm really looking forward to working with Shahid," says Kunal Kohli. The director tweeted on Sunday morning: "Shahid Kapoor and me working together in my next film. Will hopefully sign the heroine in the next few days. Will keep you posted." The yet untitled film will be starting in April once Shahid wraps up the shooting for Mausam. Kohli will be producing-directing the film.

Kunal's film with Shahid is a love story and will have music by Pritam while Prasoon Joshi is writing lyrics. Has he finalized the actress? "I haven't decided the actress. I wouldn't want to speculate as I don't believe in it. I will tell you once it's finalized. We've just finalized Shahid. He was going away to Punjab to shoot Mausam and I was releasing Break Ke Baad. In the middle of it we finalized and signed."

Kohli had earlier announced a film with Saif Ali Khan. He had also written about it on Twitter (now deleted) as to how things didn't work out between him and Saif. So, is Shahid doing the same film as what was earlier being done by Saif? "It's a completely different script," says Kohli. Why didn't Saif's film go through in the first place? "Saif was signed by Ashtavinayak to do a film. He requested me to come in and see if I could do a film with him. I wasn't ready with that script. I was also simultaneously working on this script for a while. I felt this is the script I want to make first, so I am making this film. That film I will do later when I am fully happy with the script."

Having worked with seasoned actors like Aamir and Saif, Shahid is a much inexperienced actor in comparison, even though he's wonderfully talented. "Shahid has done Kaminey, Jab We Met, Vivah, he has done some brilliant films. I am sure Mausam will be another brilliant film. He is a very very interesting talent," says Kunal.

Kohli's latest Production Break Ke Baad released last Friday. Talking about the response to the film, Kohli says,"Break Ke Baad is getting a good response from the youth specially. It's too early. Let's see how it goes."