Not Ranbir then who is Imtiaz Ali's only hope for 'Tamasha'

jassmehra

(---: JaSs MeHrA :---)
imtiaz2-1.jpg

Ranbir Kapoor's lack of social media knowledge has got director Imtiaz Ali worried, who joked that he is now pinning hopes on his leading lady Deepika Padukone for the publicity of their upcoming film 'Tamasha'.

This sequence forms the part of an over two-minute video clip, where Imtiaz and Ranbir are involved in a playful, friendly banter over the actor's absence from social networking sites.

The duo watches a video of Deepika and Ranbir, where he struggles to name the links of official Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages of 'Tamasha'. "So, this is how you are going to promote the film? What is this? This is on air. You are exposed. Please don't do this..." says Imtiaz to his "Rockstar" actor.

To which Ranbir replies, "Sir, please let me do it. My last film did not work. I need publicity." Ranbir's "Bombay Velvet" did not do well at the box-office.

The 32-year-old actor even jokes that Deepika "conspired" against him and used CGI to show him in their video. Imtiaz, 44, taunts him, saying, "Sir, Deepika is my only hope for this now because I have seen what kind of publicity you have done. You yourself are not on any social media site and ruining this also."

Ranbir asks for one chance and says he will be able to name the URL of the pages correctly but Imtiaz looks less convinced and says, "I've worked hard on this film and you don't even know the URL!"

Towards the end, Ranbir successfully shows the URLs. Mocking him, Imtiaz tries to touch his feet and in turn, Ranbir pounces on the director for a bear hug. 'Tamasha' will see Deepika and Ranbir re-teaming after 'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani'. It will hit theatres on November 27.