Kurkure Movie Receives Legal Notice from PepsiCo India

Jessica

PepsiCo India has issued a legal notice to the producers of an “Adult entertainment film” for bearing the title KURKURE. The word KURKURE has no obvious meaning in the Telugu language and the same appears to be deliberately used by the producers of the movie. The producers of this local telugu movie not only lack the ethics sense but have also tried destroying the brand equity of one of the most popular snacks brand in the Indian market.

Pepsico India is taking a legal action against its producers and websites not ready to remove the published movie from their respective properties.

KURKURE is a trademark solely owned by PepsiCo India and so not anyone can just start associating the brand term with their own ventures. It is like, you have been owning a home for 20 years and spending your life there. And all of a sudden, one day someone enters your home and claims that it is his home. That’s not right! What do you think? Don’t we have a right to stand for something that is ours. And today, when PepsiCo is doing just the same that is fighting for its brand equity. I support them, hoping they win this battle against the unethical Kurkure movie producers. I support my favorite snack brand, Kurkure. Long live Kurkure!