KRK sends legal notice to Prakash Jha [Raajneeti]

chief

Prime VIP
KRK sends legal notice to Prakash Jha; claims to own rights to title Raajneeti

The problems for Raajneeti seem to be getting more pronounced. Earlier this week, there was a Mumbai-based social worker Naseem Khan who filed a petition in court against Raajneeti asking for its release to be stopped because one of the central characters apparently resembles Sonia Gandhi.

Now one hears that actor and self-styled star Kamal R Khan (or KRK as he likes to be called) has sent Prakash Jha a legal notice claiming rights over the title Raajneeti.

When contacted Jha admits Kamaal, known to generate publicity for himself through various controversies, has indeed sent a legal notice claiming copyrights over the title Raajneeti.

"But my lawyers are looking into it .There's absolutely nothing in this claim. We shouldn't give any importance to people who jump into the picture at the time of release for whatever reasons. Look at the way Rakesh Roshan is being harassed over Kites by some person claiming to be entitled to crores of rupees. Earlier we had someone making claims over Ram Gopal Varma's Rann days before release. This is not done!"

Speaking on Mr Naseem Khan's claims that Raajneeti casts aspersion on one of the most revered politicians of the country, Prakash Jha retorts, "Let all these self-styled supports of Soniaji come forward to show their loyalty. Am I an irresponsible citizen and filmmaker who would do something so foolish as to portray Soniaji in a bad light? No one has seen a frame of Raajneeti. How does anyone presume that Katrina's character has any resemblance to Soniaji? Have I said it anywhere? Has Katrina said it anywhere? Let Soniaji watch Raajneeti and decide."

Ram Gopal Varma very recently and Rakesh Roshan during the release of Krazzy 4 when composer Ram Sampat made plagiarism charges, had to opt for hefty out-of-court settlement to pay up to get their films released. This time both Rakesh Roshan and Prakash Jha are adamant on not giving in to what they see as arm-twisting tactics.

About an out-of-court settlement with the aforementioned Mr Naseem Khan, Prakash Jha said, "Over my dead body. I'd burn the prints of my film rather than give into such blackmail. No out-of-court settlement for me. I've seen enough legal obstacles in my life. This is nothing."