Jelly - Dhola the Sweetheart

onlycheema

Banned
Jelly is a guy who we used to know in childhood, has some training under harpal sanehi. His biggest hit for me is"ekko tere lakh warga" untouchable song, and naina di goli. Now follows up with this album composed by sachin ahuja. Maybe he is son of charanjit ahuja(i don't know couldn't be bothered much) the guy who has given various hits from barha karara poodna to manak's songs. Judging by this album sachin is talented guy.

The title track features Iddu Sharif, who was(maybe is) raaj gayak of state of punjab some 5 years back. Oh boy hear that sarangi's wood weep. Melodious track, the dhadd touch to the song and the hardcore sarangi in this album gives a nice vibe. Opens with couplets from iddu sharif, jelly hits high notes with iddu providing that distinct sufi touch ala wadali bros. It's kind of start stop start types, even pauses in middle of song which leaves you yearning for more, something akin to what you find in RATM guitar riffs they always come at end of the songs. If there are some charts, this song should top them easily. Fantastically produced, top notch lyrics. Strings are pretty much subdued here and folk instruments take front seat.

Other track i just love is kabildaariyaan, pretty much standard dhol tumbi and flute combination. "tel kauleyon chuvaa de rang bhaag poore laa de, saade vehre jhanjraan di chann channkarvaa de..... ni aaja saambh lae kabildaariyaan". Amazing track for me and so many youngsters will be able to relate this track including myself, "khirki de sariye naal bann k rakaney nitt karni paindi ae pooni pagg di" me and my bro were damn looking at each other and laughing, power packed lyrics. Amazing track, make a video for this one man....this song is good.

I can see foreign diaspora relating to "gaddi mor laan", jimein mera chacha kapaaah diyaan shattiyaan chukk chukk akk geyaa kehanda dilli nehre hovey mein turr k lang jaan.

Rest i haven't really given a listen, but yes a must buy album.